ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Groups and Modifications

Chocolate Bar™

I have a 2003 1.2 16 dynamique and i have declared all the declarable mods on my vehicle. K&N Panel Filter, MS Designs Grille and Powerflow Exhaust.

i e-mailled CIS to tell them i would be fitting some renault sideskirts, and they have informed me that the insurance group of the car will rise from a 4 to a modified 6. with an increase in premium of £54 over the year.

does this sound fair? because when i go to put wheels and suspension on im really going to struggle if they push my 1.2 into an insurance group 8 :mad:

every insurer increases premiums differently, thats life Im afraid, just give them a call and ask speculatively how much it would cost if you put wheels and suspension on your car... then you know if its a viable move or whether youve gotta search for another insurer come renewal time and just put off the extra mods until after then.

Chocolate Bar™

its only fair i know because they havent increased the premium for any of the other mods ive declared, it just seems unfair thats its gone from a 4 to a 6. a 5 i could have accpeted but a 6 :confused:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

erm SPEAK to Lunner,

hes with CIS, and hes got everythign declared with not a single increase in premium at all.

somethign wrong there me thinks

Chocolate Bar™

thats what i initially thought because ive read on here people having loads of mods to their cars without any increase at all, so altho its only £50 im thinking bout future mods.

normally CIS only charge an administration fee

phone them up, always the best way to deal with insurance

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

yer deff, Lunner has lots declared
decat, stripped out interior. buckets, i/k the works and more

seems strange that its not effected his premium but with you addign side skirts has :LOL

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 23 February 2005

normally CIS only charge an administration fee

phone them up, always the best way to deal with insurance
they wotn take any mods over the phone iirc from lunners comments

need to be doen in writing

Chocolate Bar™

yeah - ive got one of the underwriters email addresses so i use that, but it seriously isnt much quicker than sending a letter :cry:

Chocolate Bar™

rung them up this afternoon and they wont budge on the £54 for the year for the side skirts as its deemed a bodykit.

i did however find out i can put wheels, suspension, colour coding, tints, and induction kit on for no increase in premium :cool:

so its not all doom and gloom.

172 cup

I have loads of mods with CIS and declared them all when i took out my insurance with them and they didnt add anything on atall, that includes sideskirts! Cis dont seem to care much about mods IMO and raising the insurance group i have not heard of before!!!

Are the skirts really that important to you? Id say thats a pretty good deal youre getting on the other mods so if you did do the skirts then youd only actually be paying £54 for all of the mods. If you think of it as £54 for everything then its actually not that bad.

Chocolate Bar™

i rung my area representative and he didnt think that sideskirts would make a difference and neither did the lad at the service centre who i rung, but sadly the underwriters disagree and are going to push it up to a group 6.

the point of £54 for everything is exactly my way of thinking at the minute :)