ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help Multicar

BG Clio 182
Right. I've got my 182 and a focus estate 1.6. This is for work. Now I insured my 182 through admiral and they told me I'd be best with a multi car and I went through the motions and that's what I have and im happy with the price!

I had 1 years NCB going to admiral so I shifted that onto my newly acquired 182 and started my other car without a NCB because insurance was okay on a 1.6 from scratch but not so on the clio!

My question is. When I leave admiral next year as they will give me a huge price, will I then have accrued seperate NCB on both cars I.e I can get proof from them to take to other insurers that I have then hopefully have 2 years on my clio and 1 year on my focus? I am just worried the policy may band them together disregarding no claims and f**k me over next year with other companies?

Help forum, insurance is expensive at 19 :(

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
a multicar policy is a single policy. You can't share NCB so you'll always have NCB on your 182 but none on your focus.

Some companies do allow ncb mirroring but if you do decide to move on and go back to admiral, then you'll start over again

BG Clio 182
a multicar policy is a single policy. You can't share NCB so you'll always have NCB on your 182 but none on your focus.

Some companies do allow ncb mirroring but if you do decide to move on and go back to admiral, then you'll start over again
Haha. Well I rang them today and apparently with a claim free year I will end up with 2 seperate policies and ncb!

Focus will have 1

Clio will have 2 hopefully :)

At last some good news, always get shafted on these things don't you.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I had issues when i had my van.
had 4 years no claims on a car and had to change policy to a van so I took the ncb with me.
the van was for personal use only and this was stated on the policy.
when I then went back to having a car they tried to say I had 0 ncb as I had owned a van for the past year.
finally sorted it out and now have 5 years ncb.
insurance is a joke.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Thats strange. Im with admiral as of a couple of days ago. Went over the multicar policy with them and got a different answer.
The issue comes when you change insurers.

Admiral will recognise the fact that you haven't crashed on the two cars and will reduce the premium but go to a different insurer and you'll find out that you can only have 1 lot of NCB. perhaps Sky insurance or greenlight can explain.

BG Clio 182
Thats strange. Im with admiral as of a couple of days ago. Went over the multicar policy with them and got a different answer.
The issue comes when you change insurers.
Admiral will recognise the fact that you haven't crashed on the two cars and will reduce the premium but go to a different insurer and you'll find out that you can only have 1 lot of NCB. perhaps Sky insurance or greenlight can explain.

Oh haha well i really specified with the guy and he said I'd come out with two lots for two seperate cars clearly marked so other insurers could recognise them as two seperate bonuses haha I ensured this and he was very confident about it as I pushed to ensure I felt happy he understood what I meant

Ford Mustang 5.0
What you could do is insure the 1.6 Focus With Admiral on a single policy using your 1yrs NCB. Then insure the Clio on a mirrored NCB basis, this means that providing you are claim free and cover less than 5k miles a year in the clio you can actually have the NCB discount mirrored from your daily driver.

Then once you have run a year you will have 2yrs NCB on the Focus and a seperate year on the clio (although you will still be getting 2yrs discount mirrored from your main policy)

This also means that the two policies are seperate so a claim on your daily driver wont affect the NCB on your Clio and vice versa.

If you are over 21 and wanted me to take a look at a mirrored NCB quote on the clio just drop me a PM. Our policies will also allow modifications which a lot of the mainstream insurers arent keent on.

BG Clio 182
What you could do is insure the 1.6 Focus With Admiral on a single policy using your 1yrs NCB. Then insure the Clio on a mirrored NCB basis, this means that providing you are claim free and cover less than 5k miles a year in the clio you can actually have the NCB discount mirrored from your daily driver.

Then once you have run a year you will have 2yrs NCB on the Focus and a seperate year on the clio (although you will still be getting 2yrs discount mirrored from your main policy)

This also means that the two policies are seperate so a claim on your daily driver wont affect the NCB on your Clio and vice versa.

If you are over 21 and wanted me to take a look at a mirrored NCB quote on the clio just drop me a PM. Our policies will also allow modifications which a lot of the mainstream insurers arent keent on.
Ah that makes sense.

What I have is just a multicar policy apparently with seperate no claims bonuses on each car? I couldn't afford to have no no claims on the clio because I'm 20 just haha and it'd be a lot.

Is the way I'm doing it okay and effective? When insurance next comes I will still be 20. I should get my two no claims to be split providing I have no crashes shouldn't I? Cheers.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Ah that makes sense.

What I have is just a multicar policy apparently with seperate no claims bonuses on each car? I couldn't afford to have no no claims on the clio because I'm 20 just haha and it'd be a lot.

Is the way I'm doing it okay and effective? When insurance next comes I will still be 20. I should get my two no claims to be split providing I have no crashes shouldn't I? Cheers.
Multicar policieis Its definately better than insuring the cars on two seperate policies one with NCB and the other without.
If you were 21 id say it might be worth looking at doing the clio seperately on a 5k miles policy with mirrored which would probably work out cheaper than with Admiral but your daily driver would be better off with a Mainstream insurance company.

BG Clio 182
Multicar policieis Its definately better than insuring the cars on two seperate policies one with NCB and the other without.
If you were 21 id say it might be worth looking at doing the clio seperately on a 5k miles policy with mirrored which would probably work out cheaper than with Admiral but your daily driver would be better off with a Mainstream insurance company.
I will be hitting you when I am 21 for sure. The car will probably be more powerful by then too with some proper modifications, I don't know yet.

I'm just to be glad of the 2 years on the clio and 1 on the focus. This should bring it down next year again ;) providing I don't crash but I am sensible so I hope I'll be reet haha!