ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Help Needed!!!!!!

dont know if this is in the right forum but here goes.

i have recently purchased a new LCR, taking delivery on 1st march, for new plates, anyway, im 20 years old with no NC bonuses! (have always been named driver insurance) what companies are my best bets for goin with for insurance in my own name?

i know a few people around my age have cups, 172s, 182s maybe even v6s? so just wondering aswell who you were with...?

thanks for any help!

Matt

you will get insurance mate, but at a premium. I know someones paying £2100 for there 172 at 19 with No NCB

ring around.

Maybe you should of checked before buying the LCR:(

[Edited by Smokey on 13 February 2005 at 12:02pm]

Shhh

Try confused.com and put yourself and your mum & dad on the insurance. Anyone older that you without points help. Some companies dont allow more than 1 additional driver, but i got a 2002 1.2 16v Clio down too £300 full comp with my mum and my nan (she never seen me car). On paper they see someone more sensible driving it..so its cheaper.

I have the 182 now, and i still put my mum and gf on it, mum is 44 and the gf is 29 (im 24) so therefore its cheaper again. I still get quotes of £1700 but im paying £1100 now as i upgraded the car, but £800 in May when renewal is about. Got for a 12month policy as some places dont see the 10 month accelerator as a ncb. I have 3yrs NCB now, so will have 4 in May, which then i will protect.

Another few companies are like DirectChoice.co.uk . Ring then up, as them if they can do it cheaper if you take it out now.........

Think of limited mileage too...volutary excess...parked on driveway etc..

GOOD LUCK..!

MINI JCW

try elephant and put your mum and dad on as additional drivers that was the cheapest for my 182 and im 22

Im 22 and £1600 for my LCR with 2 years NCB. When i was 20 i was being shafted for £2650 with 1 yrs NCB on my impreza.

Surely you should have got quotes before you bought the car as i believe you are going to struggle breaking the £3000 mark.

Or are you going to stay named driver? Youd have to register the car in your parents name to do so.

You really will struggle as the majority of insurance companies want 21 yr old+ drivers on performance cars.

Try tescos, they are normally quite good.