ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance help

can anyone help please, my car insurance need renewing next week, but i need the insurance to cover me to drive other vehicles. im needing 3rd party fire and theft, does anyone know of any insurers that do this, im 22yrs old.

who are you insured through? the insurance company im currently with do allow me to drive other vehicles with the other persons permission but they have quoted me quite high for this year. most insurance companies when i ring them are saying tjhat you have to be over 25 to drive other vehicles, but i just need to know of a few that do this. im with provident at the mo

i tried cis and they quoted me a silly price £1000 for a 1.4 RT, and im 22 whereas i been getting quotes for around the £500 with other companies

Probably need to be fully comp as well as 25.

Why is it so important to be able to drive other peoples car. Remember 3rd party insurance will only cover you for people claiming against you in the light of an accident. You will either have to pay for the other persons car damage yourself or lose a, limbs; b, your knackers.

Rich

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 09 February 2005

you might have issues with this most companies will not cover anyone over 25 on other vehicles.
Thats very common, when I was looking for insurance, all of them wouldnt cover me for other vehicles until I was 25.

well ive managed to get sorted, ensleigh have insured me 3rd party fire and theft and i can drive other vehicles with the owners permission. so im happy, cost me £500. ive never heard of ensleigh, have any of you guys nad do you know if they are ok?

thanks

Endsleigh are a pretty big company, they sponsored the Football League for a few years during the 90s. Couldnt tell you how good they are though.