ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance help

172 clio
Im looking for insurance for a 2004 172 clio. As far as Im aware the car I have purchased is a 172 anyway. Everytime I enter my reg number into a car insurance site it comes up as a 182 clio? Is anyone else finding this problem?
My clio has a spare wheel and a single exhaust so surely its a 172 and not a 182? Am i right here?
Cheers in advance

172 clio
10545332_10154397678820015_787197544_o.jpg

10562875_10154397679325015_100927148_o.jpg

First Registered: 5th March 2004

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Mine was one of the first 182s and registered in april 04 so i think its just a mistake in the system somewhere.

I think I had the problem with them thinking it was a 172 at the very start when I bought it but no any more :S

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice looking car!
As said, I'd give insurance companies a call and take it from there.
There's not many 04 172's about iirc

172 clio
Cheers for your help guys!
After a few emails and phone calls managed to get some cover sorted.
Now just to wait until Sunday when I pick her up! :)

Ford Mustang 5.0
PM @Neil@greenlight a trader on here who understands modified and performance cars. I've been with them for years .. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the recommendation mate. Ive had a PM from the Op so im on the case.

Basically the systems think "the car doesnt exist as its a late registered one". I can enter an override code on our system that lets me select it manually.

Car looks great on the Turini's as well.....It could be a 172 cup?? I didnt realise they made silver 172 Cups until i came on cliosport i thought they were all blue :S

Cheers
neil
Greenlight

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I notice it has xenons, so maybe not a cup? Unless they were fit afterwards? What was the interior like? Half leather seats or climate control?