ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance is becoming silly.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I'm having a very difficult job getting legitimate insurance for my car.

I'm currently 23 years old and have had a prior quotation at 21 years old for £1600 which I was prepared to pay to insure the vehicle. I assumed with my age going up since then I might be pleased to see it go down but this is not the case.

Just some info, I have 1 Prior speeding offense almost 5 years ago now (Jan 2006 SP30) The car is a 1.2 Clio RN which has been converted to a 172 Clio.

I am only interested in getting fully legitimate insurance (TPFT or Fully Comp) With all modifications declared.

Because the car has been off the road for just over 2 years, I currently have 0NCB to use now.

I have tried Adrian Flux, Bell, Brentacre, Performance Direct, Hyperformance & Chris Knott.

Only one was able to provide a quotation and that was for £2600 TPFT.

I seem to be rapidly running out of insurance companies to get quotations from. Reluctantly I'm increasingly finding the need to sell the car I have put so much work into, I can get a standard 172 insured for just £1100 :dapprove:.

My project log is on the project log forum if you don't know which car I'm talking about btw.

Any advice, guidance or suggested insurance companies to try would be much appreciated. I'm so gutted that highway (the underwriters for a few of the modified insurance policies) now stipulate a minimum requirement of 1yrs NCB.

I seriously can not afford or justify £2,600 for insurance. :cry:.

I've literally just turned 23 and had all my friends mocking how old I am, Then the insurance companies telling me 'your just young' god how that's irritating the life out of me. *rant over* lol.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Can't help sorry. But am suprised at Brentacre not been able to do anything for you.
Have you tried the other forum insurance, Sky?

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Can't help sorry. But am suprised at Brentacre not been able to do anything for you.
Have you tried the other forum insurance, Sky?

I haven't. Do they cover heavily modified vehicles? :D

EDIT: Yep just spotted their thread and have sent them an email requesting a callback.

Thank you very much ABOO.

Last edited:
  Maybe a 172 Cup..
As far as I'm aware they do. Lad at work has a heavy modded Focus ST, and swears by these guys.

Rather than going through all the bull-s**t questions again, I'd drop their rep who comes on here a pm (can't recall his name), and see what you get back..

BG182FF
im with greenlight and think they cover modified cars. have a try with them. they've quoted me happy lol