ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Issues.

FF Clio 182
Had an accident couple months back that was not my fault, car was a write off. Insurance have taken my car and i have been paid me for it and most of the money owed. the only thing left to get back is my excess. The policy is current still running as i don't want to cancel or i may never get my excess back. currently have a 1 years NCB registered with that policy. As a note the policy is fully paid off and i owe them no money. I now want to get a new car but i heard you can only register a NCD with one policy. Called my insurance company and they will not adjust my policy for the car i want as it to high performace. So what do i do? Should i cancel the policy and just hope they honour giving me back my excess? Excess is about £450. they have told me they will give it me back when they receive payment for their cost off the other persons insurance. I received a letter from my solicitor 2 weeks after the accident that the third party had accepted full liability, yet it has now been 2 months and i still waiting on my insurance. What should i do? as i don't want to buy a new car and have to have it with no NCB as it will be to expensive.

Thanks

FF Clio 182
If it was like £200 I would have just said forget it and moved on but the fact it is £450 makes it a little more worth having.

Ford Mustang 5.0
If you chase your insurance company to see the situation. 2 months is a long time to be outstanding if you have had an admission of liability definately worth pursing this.

Have you got any Uninsured Losses pending recover (ie injury, excess recovery) as this can delay settlement.

I can happily quote once you have held licence for 2yrs and the rate should be very Competitive with a great level of cover. The pending claim and licence could be worth holding out so you get the best deal

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000