ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance joke

BG182FF
Got another years no claims bonus so im now on 4, but for some reason, my insurance price has gone up 250 quid. What a joke, i dont understand. What insurance you guys with so i can start shopping around, im 24 by the way

Navara, MGTF,307,KA
ooo i was wanting a funny joke about about insurance :( but sadly you have just reminded what theiving B***rds insurers are :(...

im with admiral.. i found confused.com to be cheapest comparing site

They do that every year, jus shop around, I will almost gurantee that the same company will give you a lower price than what they quoted you.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
They do that every year, jus shop around, I will almost gurantee that the same company will give you a lower price than what they quoted you.

This ^^^^^^^^, Adrian Flux took £58 off they're renewal quote and were a good £200 cheaper than anyone elss:rasp:

BG182FF
rang them up a minuted ago and the women was absolutely baffled but she said the 'best she can do' is knock 30 pounds off. Shouldnt my insuance go down with a extra years no claims

A ANIMAL
Go elsewhere. There is no financial benefit to staying with an insurer. Shop around, i've managed to know at least £150 off everytime.

I'm 23, 4 yeras ncb and pay £710 with SKY.

BG182FF
well ive started searching around for different insurance groups. will spend the day with the phone next to my ear i reckon

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thats pathetic! Im 23 1 ync ( on my secon year now) and pay more than my first year.1300 a year is a joke.i rang mine n thers nothing they can ever do for you.thanks to all the tits in 1000 cars driving like w*****s we have to suffer! I tried flux the other day and they were even more than im paying now.no insurance makes sence at all

E87 118d M Sport
directline has been the cheapest for me 3 years running. (23, 5years protected ncb)

but honestly, imo, the only way to get cheap insurance is tro try EVERY bloody company EVERY year. those comparison sites (for me) are a complete and utter crock of s**t. they come back about 200% more expensive than dedicated quotes. dunno why ANYONE uses them? i try them everyyear just incase they will be cheap oneday, but nope.

try and link policies (i.e. my dad is insured with directline, so we each get 10% of our quotes for having yours linked to another policy)

Clio 172
My renewal has gone up to, im 26 with 8 years ncb and it is now 635 and im with adrian flux should i give them a ring to ask why or should i just look around for another insurance company that will be less ??????????? i hate it when my insurance is up for renewal lol

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
insurance is a pain in the arse. i bought my ph1 172 because when i tried insurance it was £1,800 which i was happy to pay.
went to insure it yesterday and it was £2,300. i phoned up and complained and they just said insurance has gone up due to the recession. so im just going to have to dig deep and pay it. it should come down quite alot after the 1st year of owning it.....hopefully

Clio 172
recession bulls**t so if they are finding it hard how do they think we feel?, people will allways insure there cars well most anyway

ph1-172
i was insured under my mothers name, yes i know naughty, tut tut tut thats against the law etc!

changed to my own name last month and was shocked, adrian flux wanted around £2600, direct line was about £1400 but got it from admiral for £780 with my girfriend as a named driver.

i've got 2 year ncb but was only with direct line, so had too start from scratch oh and am 23.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
ooo i was wanting a funny joke about about insurance :( but sadly you have just reminded what theiving B***rds insurers are :(...

im with admiral.. i found confused.com to be cheapest comparing site

+1 went with admiral through confused.com

700 quid full comp. direct line wanted 1400 (thats with 6 years ncb)
crap post code. (E or somthing)
sp30 + claim
25 + 3 ncb.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
directline has been the cheapest for me 3 years running. (23, 5years protected ncb)

but honestly, imo, the only way to get cheap insurance is tro try EVERY bloody company EVERY year. those comparison sites (for me) are a complete and utter crock of s**t. they come back about 200% more expensive than dedicated quotes. dunno why ANYONE uses them? i try them everyyear just incase they will be cheap oneday, but nope.

try and link policies (i.e. my dad is insured with directline, so we each get 10% of our quotes for having yours linked to another policy)

They were always so expensive for me too untill that day which saved me 700 quid.

172 cup
Mine went down £10... but that was with an extra year NCs and turning 25...

Sky was easily the cheapest for me...!

CLio 182 and im 29 with 3 years ncb for my renewal, insurance gone up by £100 with elephant and they are the cheapest. from £432 to £530 :-(