ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance - Lowering, Exhaust

Black/Gold 182!

Just rang my insurance company up to try and declare 60mm lowering and a ne magnex twin 3.5inch exhaust. Tried to charge me over £100 to get both added. Is this normal?? They said it would make my car more desirable. Im 19 with 2 years no claims, 20 next month. Im with them until September. Any other people had this??

sounds fair to me, especially cos of your age. elephant just charged me an extra £40 for an induction kit

Black/Gold 182!

Cool, thanks m8, theyve got it stored there for me for a few weeks so ive got a bit of time to make me mind up. My car would look better with it done must admit. Think il probably accept, because I want to go to the French Car Show.

To be honest you should have checked before you put the mods on, or go with a mod friendly insurer like HIC....

Black/Gold 182!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 24 April 2005

To be honest you should have checked before you put the mods on, or go with a mod friendly insurer like HIC....
Havnt put them on yet buddy, ;-)

Just thought id ask first. lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Seems a reasonable price....insurance companies do vary alot.

That price seems about right wot they would charge for beign lwoered and exhaust.

Do it :)

Black/Gold 182!

Coo, cheers bud, ive gotta wait a few weeks till after me uni work is sorted then il be doing it, so will phone up then and then get it sorted. Should go down a few pounds then.

Cheers for the advice Has, you just convinced me m8!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Yeah definately. Tesco charged me £125 for my induction kit and around £100 for my exhaust. Didnt bother me at all. Get them fitted, get insured and get to FCS! :D

I was with zueric or something like that and they were gonna bump my insurace up from £300 to £1200 if i lowered my car, i was like good 1.

Black/Gold 182!

Cool, going ring up in the next few days, get it sorted!!

Im off to the fcs!!! Woooooohooooooooo

Will have pics up soon