ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance on a valver

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can help me,

I have my heart set on buying a standard valver in the next month, my only snag will be my insurance.

This is because I am 18 and have only had my license for a year.

Can anyone suggest an insurance company that will cover me? I dont mind paying a bit of a wad because I am in love with these cars.

Any help appreciated, cheers

Rob

Clio 172

I have just passed my test and own a valver (17 years old)

I bought the car just before turning 17. I then phoned around 30 insurance companies and got all sorts of stupid quotes but most of course saying no until I turn 21.

Looked good when I phoned sainsburys as they quoted me 1560 a year but as soon as I mentioned "mod" that was the end of that.

So best quote so far stood at 6k a year!

I was starting to think maybe I need to sell up! when I came across elephant who gave me the best ever quote.

Insurance is all in my own name and only have my mum added as a second driver.

I pay 2197.60 a year tpft with mods

Mods are:

Alloys

Lowered

Full system exhaust

Exterior deco changes

Hope that helps.

I pay 2100 a year with elephant.co.uk. Thats fully comp and im 18 and have been driving a year & half. Also has the lowering & exhaust declared.

See ya

Matt

Quote: Originally posted by Rich1.2 on 17 July 2005

bell.co.uk mate, really cheap!
bell are part of elephant & admiral group.
check the excess as well - it could be as much as 600.00 !!!

Just got 1.5k with my mum on it tpft, putting dad on it makes no difference

My accident also put £100 on

Pretty pleased doubt i will get lower than that

cheers

-----

Just took my mum off and it went down to 1.3k with accident, proper chuffed

[Edited by Rob on 18 July 2005 at 1:22am]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

It doesnt matter whether you have fully comp or tpf&t you will still get NCB as long as its in your name obviously! lol

LY 200

Youl get insured mate but expect to pay between 2-2.5k!!!

Try Elephant, Admiral and Norwich union!!!

[Edited by JayR on 18 July 2005 at 7:59am]

Just read that you got it for 1.5k in the end mate!!!Lol

Should have guest around that really as i was paying just below £1300 at 19 with a year n halfs driving exp!!!

Yea i went with elephant 2100 for 10 month bonus acc. policy , thats first car, 17 year old :D

Add one of your parents as a named driver, lowers it quite abit, also they like it if you only do low annual milege.