ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**Insurance on Modded cars**

Just thought i would let you lot know...

just got my insurance quote from HIC insurance right...

im 20 no NCB one accident

all mods declared even rollcage!!! fully comp, track day cover, breakdown cover, windscreen cover, £350 excess no voluntary but i do drive 2000 miles a year so its lower but worth a try for any of you lot!!

basically everything for that price!!

makes it lower cos they ask you about car clubs etc and car shows so its a "show car" insurance policy

if you wanna try speak to Andy on 01279 719931

worth a shot ppl he was brilliant

vix :)

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 28 January 2004

You drive 2000 miles a year?
yeah i only drive my car to shows and southend etc

i dont really need to drive and if i do its only to aprils or alexs in chelmsford lol!!

So if you dont mind me asking, how much for the year?

Do you think it applies to engine mods ie. turbos!

Ive been quoted silly amounts for a turbod CTR!

LOL!! sorry i forgot to write the price!!

£886.25! before i was paying 1K on a standard clio!!

yeah they deal with engines mods too not sure how the pricing goes but worth a try!

Woweeee !! Just changed my insurance over from tesco to HIC and saved LOADS i was payin 2200 before now im paying 1200 !! Cant believe !! He was on the phone looking for discounts to give to me !! Many thanks to Daz !! WOW

RB Clio 182

I just got a great quote from them.... previous best was 600 but HIC got it down to 450... this is a big saving. Whats the catch? Anyone had any bad experiences with them?:confused:

no they are just good there

havent heard anyone say anything bad about them

the only complaint i would have is that for a 12 month policy its a lot dearer than all in one hit! but then most are!

and you have to pay some up front :)

i pay £1k on my clio

18, no yrs NCB, 1 accident, 1 1/2 years experience, TPFT

all mods declared

front bumper, skirts, rear bumper, zorst system, respray, interior changes etc

im goin to pay £950 on mine

20 no NCB 1 accident 1 years experience, fully comp

all mods declared - kit, wheels, springs, lights, spoiler, respray, exhaust etc etc

would have been £888 if paid in full tho :( LOL!

Yeah i think HIC should be the cliosport insurance not the other one that dont accept under 21s !! Powelly how much will my insurance go up for a Magnex, de cat, lowered, tints ?

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 10 February 2004

Yeah i think HIC should be the cliosport insurance not the other one that dont accept under 21s !! Powelly how much will my insurance go up for a Magnex, de cat, lowered, tints ?
They are listed in the Members Discount area!

.. In similar news, after not finding any nice Valvers, Ive started looking for quotes on another car.. but he wouldnt quote me on it.. need to be 21 with 1 Yrs NCD and so many years experience, hehe!

He did quote very very good on a Valver for me tho!

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 10 February 2004

Shouldnt be a lot at all probably about the same as your paying already cos they seem to be a lot lower than most companies

how old are you and how many NC?

Does it have to be a modded car ? Did you say that track day insurance was included in the price ??????? If so then that is fantastic as track day insurance can cost £100s for just the day !

Just phoned them ! Very helpful I have to say but the only problem is that they only allow you to pay over 4 instalments at the moment. BUT, he said in 3 weeks time that they were changing over to a 10 monthly instalment option so he suggested I phone back then which I will do !

Also, he did say that track day insurance was actually covered in the cost of your policy so that is excellent ! I will phone them back next month !

The only other problem I have is that I have 4 months left off my current policy, dunno whether to change over now and lost a years NCB...........

All in all tho, sounds very promising !

Yeah thats my only prob cos its £320 up front for me!

definately worth it tho :)

yeah its all included within the original price no extra

might as well wait matey then will probably go lower still and then you can do a 10 month policy aswell :)

vix

Yep, but 4 installments.. he gave me the price and it didnt sound bad - at least you have 2 months of insurance freeness.. kinda.. hehe.

1315.82 including all of my new mods. :)

I just have to pay it all up front :-( *ARSE*

Unlimited Milage.
Trackday Cover included.

I am going to have it.

Well done Miss Victoria.

/y0z