ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which insurance would you choose?

Westfield, 182, 200
Bought a 172 for £900 that I'll probably spent £300-£500 getting it how I want it, but it would still probably be worth no more than £1200.

Anyway, if I wrote it off I probably wouldn't claim as after paying my excess, i'd only be a few hundred quid in pocket Max.

So, I can insure with priveledge tpf&t for £255 but reckon they're a pain to deal with if I want to change my policy etc or use Tesco who I've used on and off for a few years without hassle, they want £370 fully comp. I already have an in durante policy with my ncb, this will be my second insurance policy with one years ncb.
Oddly, if my wife insures it at tesco, it's £350 with no ncb?

What shall I do?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I wouldn't go third party to start with. Go fully comp and try the traders on here. I'm with brentacre and they are good. They allow me to basically do what I want with the car, change exhaust, wheels and all that stuff. I just ring them and let them know the changes.

Westfield, 182, 200
May try Brent tomorrow, tried flux Friday, put me on hold for nearly 10 minutes then came back with a quote I'd be 'really pleased with' £378?
Don't intend on modding the car, but the option would be useful.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
With the likes of brentacre, greenlight etc their policies are very flexible. I don't know you but the chances are you will change stuff, and if you don't then no harm done. Give brentacre a ring and quote here. Also ring and get prices from others and the chances are they will beat it. Good luck :)