ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance prices on the rise?

Golf GT TDI
Right i have been with direct line for 6 years and have been happy with the prices every year it was reduced by about £80 but just had my renewal through and its gone from £406 fully comp with protected no claims to £547 for exactly the same level of cover with a £500 excess:eek:

so i rang them and managed to get it for £500, now i still found this a piss take so,

i log onto moneysupermarket.com and best on there is £450:mad:

so i add my girlfriend on my policy and what a difference:D

best was marks & spencer and post office

in at £300 fully comp with protected no claims and £150 excess

so went with m&s because they offered a years free suply of car wash vouchers at arc (wont be taking the clio there)

without my gf on it m&s were £860

so it does pay shop around a bit;)

anyone else notice a rise this year?

i thought insurance was supposed to go down each year not up!!

almost 1/3 of the price with the gf on there? I would be checking the details on the policy VERY carefully, that sounds like an error.

Mine's gone down a bit each year after shopping around.

Golf GT TDI
i have mate, first thing i did! got it all here printed, i found it strange to

they all seemed to drop to the £300 mark tbh

Premiums likely to go up by as much as 20% this year according to Insurance Times, they've had enough of losing on personal lines insurance for the last 5 years.

Track 172 & Golf R32
my mates struggling with it at the moment too.. i personally think there just trying to bend us over! they probably earn as much money a year as it is because i cant see there being as many claims as there is policys in a year tbh

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Rbs/ direct line were the only insurance company in the last year to make decent profits.

They are a business after all, if they have too many claims they must put there prices up to continue, simple maths.

My friend added another no claims to his insurance this year but his renewal is £50 more. He's not complaining and I agree.

Clio 172
Moneysupermarket and go compare are so far off.

I was a first time driver and was getting quotes of those sites of £1250 for a 172 but when i phoned the insurance company they added about £600 and gve me a quote of nearly £2k, i said to the guy about go compare and he said never trust these sites.

After a few more quotes i was more than happy to pay £1500 after the shock of the £2k quote.

This was fully comp with £350 excess, the allen and allen group

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Hope mine doesn't stay the fcukin same!

If I have another year of paying £3000 I'll get the bus.

PS This was my first year of driving, one month to go until I have 1 Years NCB.

BG 182 FF
I hope they dont go up, will be trying the insurance traders on here before I even start looking around this year they have had some good reviews.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
may I ask how old you are Jordan? As thats quite cheap really!

I have been looking for the last couple of days, Im with Bell and there renewal price was about £100 more (I have a new more expensive car) than last year but the guy did say they had all gone up around £100.

Renewal price: £744 fully comp 3yrs ncb, 3 points (mobile phone) 26yrs old.

Changed my dads job to retired which brought it down £65.50 then he knocked an additional £45 off for some random reason I didn't care to question which brought it to £633.50.

Most other companies have been quoting me £1000+ (including Adrian Flux)

The only one that beats it is currently Sky Insurance who quoted £596 fully comp so Im just waiting to get full info on that before I make a decision.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I expect so due to more claims over the horrible weather we've had. Mine nearly halved after my first years ncb but I've since got 3 points so I'm dreading renewal :/

ph1 black 172
renewals are almost always more expensive because alot of older people dont look and just carry on paying it. the insurance companies make more money. (robbing you blind really)

but if you dont look around then the renewals are always stupid.

MR2 Mk1.5
my mates struggling with it at the moment too.. i personally think there just trying to bend us over! they probably earn as much money a year as it is because i cant see there being as many claims as there is policys in a year tbh

My company had a customer who drove the wrong way down a motorway slip road, crashed into a young female driver, crushed her legs and blinded her in one eye.. total payout so far (still ongoing) is £750,000. That is a lot of people's premiums..

Bare in mind the credit crunch, people are claiming for everything they can get, personal injury claims are at all all time high and also there has been a 60% rise in fraudulent claims. Insures may not make as much money as you think they do..

MR2 Mk1.5
Hope mine doesn't stay the fcukin same!

If I have another year of paying £3000 I'll get the bus.

PS This was my first year of driving, one month to go until I have 1 Years NCB.

You are probably one of the few categories (new driver, first year claim free) who will see their renewal price drop.

MR2 Mk1.5
^ apologies but we would need you to have a full 2 years driving experience.

Seriously well done on nearing the end of your first year without having a claim.. keep it up!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Will be 21 (3 yrs experience) with 1 years no claims when I look to renew in June.

Hope mine goes down a fair bit, currently paying £960 with a £400 excess fully comp with Admiral!

Do you insure the DD5 postcode skyinsurance?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
^ apologies but we would need you to have a full 2 years driving experience.

Seriously well done on nearing the end of your first year without having a claim.. keep it up!

OK matey, hopefully next year then eh. Fingers crossed that I continue with no claims :)

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
My insurance quote was £1120 with admiral at 23 with no NCB and three points, so i tried putting my mum on it to see if it made a difference...... £844 fully comp with £500 excess. Not bad i thought :)

Golf GT TDI
may I ask how old you are Jordan? As thats quite cheap really!

I have been looking for the last couple of days, Im with Bell and there renewal price was about £100 more (I have a new more expensive car) than last year but the guy did say they had all gone up around £100.

Renewal price: £744 fully comp 3yrs ncb, 3 points (mobile phone) 26yrs old.

Changed my dads job to retired which brought it down £65.50 then he knocked an additional £45 off for some random reason I didn't care to question which brought it to £633.50.

Most other companies have been quoting me £1000+ (including Adrian Flux)

The only one that beats it is currently Sky Insurance who quoted £596 fully comp so Im just waiting to get full info on that before I make a decision.

iam 27 with 8 years ncd and 3 points from june 2007
my girlfriend is 25 with 8 years ncd also

what annoys me with insurance is no claims discount and the fact i changed cars a lot i have been continuously insured since i started driving never claimed yet i only have 6 years ncd instead of 11

thankfully im old now and it doesnt cost much to insure anything

MR2 Mk1.5
what annoys me with insurance is no claims discount and the fact i changed cars a lot i have been continuously insured since i started driving never claimed yet i only have 6 years ncd instead of 11

thankfully im old now and it doesnt cost much to insure anything

Dont worry about it too much, most companies count 'max' NCB at 5 years.