ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance prices

clio 03 1.6 16v
Hi guys, a while back i posted up about insurance prices ( like alot of you ) but i thought i would now let you know of my experiance in my voyage.

for a while now ive been on site after site, thru call connection and whatever else there is only to be getting the best quote of £1400 fully comp from bell after using money supermarket, however that price only stands if u pay it all in one! when i foned the price went to £1855 if im paying it up with a deposit of £380!.. ermm NO lol.

yesterday i was sitting thinking and suddenly i looked at the telly and "GoCompare" was being advertised! so i jumped on it, entered my details, added 2 drivers to the policy with £250 excess worth £4000.
cheapest came back with Bell yet again except now offering it at £870 fully comp!
So i foned up to check this, and sure enough its correct but now he sais if i take the 10 month accelerator the price goes to £760 for the year!

Now i have 0 no claims, held my licence 2 years, had a crash at the start of the year with a clio 1.6, now thats a good price in my eyes!

i told him as a student i couldnt pay it all in full so if i pay £110 deposit i then pay 11 installments of £110 or so a month!, but im gettin a student loan i think soon so i could just pay it with tht..

So guys try GoCompare because although they all do the same job by searching sites some are better than others!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
site like goCompare are always shite with me. for this year the lowest i got was about £700ish, but looking myself I have got that down to £295.

you cant beat a bit of your own research imo.

clio 03 1.6 16v
Oh rite! ive never found foning indeviduals have helped. i guess we're just all differant lol!
i would like another car but this is on finance so need to make do with it just now!

Porsche Boxster987S
site like goCompare are always s**te with me. for this year the lowest i got was about £700ish, but looking myself I have got that down to £295.

really???? fraud FTW:rolleyes:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
site like goCompare are always s**te with me. for this year the lowest i got was about £700ish, but looking myself I have got that down to £295.

really???? fraud FTW:rolleyes:

not at all. i am the policy holder, with my parents as named drivers. driving for 4 years with 2 years no claims.

elephant ftw!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Same here, never bother with those compare sites.

When getting quotes this year using things like confused half the people won't quote, and the few that do were all way off. Best quote was about £450 ono there, ended up paying about £275.

The compare price sites are a waste of time for me, all of the adverts do my head in !

- to the OP, i'd go with a 12 month full policy tbh, not the bonus accelerator one.