ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Question

Oyster Card
In Oct I hit another car coming the other way, I was turning and pulled out in front of her.

Anyhow the claim still hasn't offically been settled, she wants the usual compo what with her being on deaths door with whiplash and smeared makeup.

Anyway, my old car which was in the crash has been sitting in my road since Oct not looking too healthy, anyway Tax runs out at the end of this month and I want to scrap it.

I'm wondering however will they want to check it over, I'm still legal and insured on it as they asked me if it was drivable and it was (low speed crash you see) I was driving it for about a week until I found my blue MK1.

So; I don't want to ask the Insurance if I can scrap it as they'll want to end my policy. I pay monthly so all my premium will be due plus the excess from the crash, I'm happy how it is at the moment still paying it off monthly as I just don't have the money to hand to pay it all off now.

So the only other thing I could do is Insure something like a MK3 Fiesta or another sh*tter in its place thats going to be as cheap as a 1.2 RN, but getting another car and not using it is just hassle.

So if i scrapped the Clio altogether and didn't say anything to the Insurance would I be arlight - I keep the policy open even though I don't have the car anymore and the Clio goes to the place in the sky where all abused cars go to?
Saving me a fine from not paying road tax.

What I don't want to happen however is them wanting to bring someone round to inspect it, I've got nothing to hide but if I did get rid of it there would be nothing to inspect.

BMW Z4 3.0i
They would only want to inspect it if a)you wanted them to repair it or b)you were disputing liability so they wanted to view it to try and help with the accident investigation. My understanding is that you've admitted fault and you just want to scrap your car. If this is the case then I'd just get rid of it mate, scrap it. Just like you said, keep paying the premium till the end of the policy.

Oyster Card
Cheers Gaz summed it up lovely mate.
No James unfortunatly not it's on the road, no drive or garage.

Will just scrap it too much hassle, I'm surprised the poor things still around I mean I've left it on a dark bridge out the way minus a community center where about 40 pissheads walk passed it every Friday and Saturday night.