ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance question

WANTED Arctic 182
Hello

I'm looking to get a 182 cup this year but as i'm young insurance is high!

Basically in July I will have held my license for 2 years and I'll be 19 so the premium drops quite a bit.

Thing is when I insured last year with Admiral I did the 10 month bonus scheme. This means that my insurance is due in May (meaning it will be too expensive to get insured on a sport). Therefore I was just wondering if i renewed my insurance in may then bought a sport in July...would they take into account I've had my license longer and I'll just pay the extra for that?

I hope someone understands what I mean.

Monaco 172
thats what happened me, i had a 1.2 then 2 months into the policy i changed to a 172 and paid the extra! dont tink it mattered that much how long id been driving but ring up when you get the quote anyway and get a price and take it from there

S4 Avant
Just don't

I've had my 182 for 18 months now, and I'm 20.

Not worth paying the ridiculous insurance premium, you'll only get bored, and wish you saved and bought something faster.

WANTED Arctic 182
I can't stand driving a standard 1.4 16v! I'll just renew on the 1.4 and ring up to see how much extra it will be. If I think it's too much then I won't do it.

Do you think 182's will drop a lot in price over the next year?

Clio
Ive got 2yrs no claims, 19yrs young. There is no way you'll get me spending 3k a year for TPFT!
id wait till 21 TBH.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I just got a quote for later this year when i reach 2 years, with 1 years NCB i'm getting 172 TPO quotes of £1400, not bad at all (i only found out about the drop after 2 years this weekend). Atm, license for 1y7m, no NCB its £5500. Amazing what a difference it makes.

Only thing is i can get insured on an 04 A3 2.0 TDi later this year FC for the same price.

Hmmm, its a tough decision, stupidly fun or a quality car thats got ok performance.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
25 is the age it changes now.
The age thing bores me, by the time i'm 25 it will be 30 for cheap insurance, then when i'm 30 it will be 35 and on and on it goes.

I just think if you can afford it get it, you could wait until 21/25 then have a few crashes the year before, lose all your bonus and end up paying more than a 19yo with 2 years licence and bonus.

Insurance is a load of bollox in this country, its a stupid system that only works to help its-self, rather than you which it should be doing.

Life is for living, not for waiting forever just to save a couple of quid.

WANTED Arctic 182
Ive got 2yrs no claims, 19yrs young. There is no way you'll get me spending 3k a year for TPFT!
id wait till 21 TBH.

No way would I even think of it if it was that much.

For me it worked out at £1800 fully comp on a 182 worth 6K.

Not bad considering when I first got insured on a polo it was £1300. That was in my mum's name too.

The thing I can't work out is how adding my mum and dad to my insurance brings it down by £400.

If I did the 10 month scheme again it would be around £1500 to insure a sport at 19. Not bad if you ask me.

EDIT: I completly agree with the above too! By the time i'm old enough for my insurance to go down I will probably need a bigger car for family etc.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Be very careful with 10 month things, because you here some insurance companies dont accept them as true NCD ect.

WANTED Arctic 182
Be very careful with 10 month things, because you here some insurance companies dont accept them as true NCD ect.

Yeah I noticed that too. But all other insurance companys seem to be a lot dearer. Think I'll be sticking with Admiral for a while.