ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INSURANCE QUOTE HELP

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Right lads, I want to know where you insure your cars, because the quotes I'm getting for my insurance are just pathetic.

In March, I'll have 1 years NCB and I'll be 18, and for a 1.2 clio (no mods) the cheapest quote I've got is £1800 thrid party fire and theft, and I live in a very nice area. I can't understand it. I got mugged off last year with what I payed to get my NCB and I may aswell juts not have done.

I'm using these comparison sites, which I know people say are crap, but surely they must give you a rough idea?

Any help will be appreciated.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thry going direct to the cheapest sites that come up on the comparisons site. That's saved me few hundred on a similar quote.

Elephant, RAC have been good for me.

www.renparts.co.uk
mine is with bell & i paid an extra £40 or something which means i can drive any other privately insured car 3rd party (if they let me!)
i think in total my insurance was about £800ish?! 3rd party fire & theft thats without any no claim bonuses or anything. and im 18 & not been driving a year.
oh yer and i drive a fiesta 1.25

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
WTF, it must be your postcode that it rated badly!!that or your entering something wrong

admiral insure me on my 1.8 turbo golf, with 1 yrs NCB for under £1300 and im only 19...and thats fully comp
My area comes under Wigan, but the suburb I live in is probably the best in wigan, so would be very shocked if it was that.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Your 18 years old and you don't even have 1 years NCB under your belt . I don't really see what the problem is tbh . You've very little experience driving a car , of course your insurance rate will be high . Your seen as a very high risk . It stands to reason imo .

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
£1300 from churchill, third party, still not brilliant as somebody has already said got a 1.8 turbo at 18 but, still, it's getting better.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Your 18 years old and you don't even have 1 years NCB under your belt . I don't really see what the problem is tbh . You've very little experience driving a car , of course your insurance rate will be high . Your seen as a very high risk . It stands to reason imo .
I will have a years NCB when the I renew, just looking round now as I'm going to be paying monthley and need to save up the deposit etc.

I'm not disputing the fact I'm seen as high risk, I'm disuputing the fact that I see people getting quotes on here a DAMN sight cheaper with the same details.

Audi TTS S Tronic
I got the same problem buddy

My friend has 1 year no claims discount now, and he is getting insured on a RS Turbo (Cateogry 16 Insurance) for 1600!!

Now tell me how ridiculous that is?

I can't even get that quote even if I try using the online quote system with his details!

I think it's a case of ringing up the companies and begging them

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I will have a years NCB when the I renew, just looking round now as I'm going to be paying monthley and need to save up the deposit etc.

I'm not disputing the fact I'm seen as high risk, I'm disuputing the fact that I see people getting quotes on here a DAMN sight cheaper with the same details.

You say you live in a " nice area " . Have you checked out your postcode rating ? I've seen people who pay alot less than me , alot younger with less experience :mad: My postcodes a killer :eek:

The area you live in & the job you do come into it a lot (generally speaking)

I got the same problem buddy

My friend has 1 year no claims discount now, and he is getting insured on a RS Turbo (Cateogry 16 Insurance) for 1600!!
Yeah but he'll probably spend half the year with it off the road while he repairs it ;) (i'm a big ford fan, just not a fan of older one's reliability)

UR R26
have you had your renewal quote from your current insurer?

i paid 1800 on my 1st year with churchill and they quoted me 1k for my renewal quote, i only didnt go with them, because they wouldnt quote me with mods :\

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
must be your postcode. when i was 19 (only driving for a year, and no ncb) my premium for my 1.2 was £600 fully comp.

was with bell, mum and dad as 2nd and 3rd drivers.

AG 200 cup
im paying £3,000 fire and theft with no ncb and have been having a look for next year and it is around £1500. and i have a 1.2 8v clio with no mods