ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Quotes - I'd Rather Get 6 Points!

Clio Dynamique 16v
I got a 1.2 Dynamique, last year it was £1500 on insurance and the cars worth about £3500, because we where a new customer they gave us 25% no claims.

I'm a named driver because its just too expensive, on 17/07/08 i bumped into a dude on a moped, the only thing it did to my car was split grill and put a ripple in the bonnet. He had one of those stupid helment boxes on the back of his moped that stuck out about 6ft and i offered just to buy him a new 1 but he was having non of it and said insurance was the only option!

Well........ got my re-newal quote yesterday at a stagering £2600!

Thats just wrong.

I was wondering just for a topic starter, has anyone else had ridiculous insurance quotes that will make us all :eek: and grin

S'later.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
i pay £1500.

as for your price just try shopping around and you may as well bite the bullet and put it in your name.

try adding your parents as named drivers though it saved me 300 quid

172 and vw passat
I pay £2400 on a 1.2 in my first year. with Quinn, was £1400 when i was on provisional then i passed my test and the bumped it up, tbh there just scammers. didnt realy want to leave as i had 4months no claim already from learning :S

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Insurance is for suckers, as is road tax.

Cost free motoring FTW!

Shed.
itl be £950ish for me as a main driver on my 1.2 this year thanks for the copper pulling me over.

I want a fecking 172 as well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Trade policy FTW.

£2300 a year and all 5 of us can drive anything fully comp upto the value of £25k.

Good times.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Shop around mate, RAC offered me great prices when I was 18/19.

I think I paid about £2k total for my 2nd year of driving, 1 fault accident, 3 points for speeding. That was on 4 months of owning a mk1 1.4 and a mk2 1.4 (both about same power as your 1.2 if yours is 16v).

Try elephant, bell, admiral as well (all same group iirc and all cheapest for me in last couple of years). Try quotes in your own name to build proper no claims and add both of your parents onto the policy as named drivers and it should lower it. Do some of those comaparison sights like confused and then whichever is cheapest, go directly to their website and do the quote, I saved about £300 one on one quote by doing that.

Also, renewal quotes are a bit of a joke. This year my renewal was £470, about the same as what others were quoting me. I went to my insurance companies website and made a new quote exactly same as mine but as a new customer and it was £140 cheaper! Think they were a bit shocked when I rang up renewals and asked for £140 off lol even more so when I told them it was their quote! They're all out to bugger mate because the can and do with most people. I've saved hundreds over the last few years by spending a few hours searching around.

Trade policy FTW.

£2300 a year and all 5 of us can drive anything fully comp upto the value of £25k.

Good times.

:eek: guessing that's only if you're in the motor trade lol :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The stupidity of insurance in its current state - is that it just promotes new drivers from not taking out any insurance at all.

Imo, the entire industry needs a total overhaul. There should be a similar 'innocent-until-proven-guilty' attitude towards drivers - instead of just crucifying them from day one.

I was at my witts end with insurance when I first started to drive - but it was nothing like it is now. How ANY company can seriously ask multiples of the car's value per year in insurance is just a total and utter joke.

Sixteen years on - I still hate car insurance with a passion. I may try and take up Dan's motor trade policy idea - lol!

D.