ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Renewal - Any recommendations

Gregs79

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hi all,

The time has come for me to renew my car insurance on my Trophy! For the last year I have been with Bell Insurance who have covered me for a remap, up rated brakes and a panel filter. I have tried confused, go compare and Tesco but they just come up with ridiculous prices if you declare any mods, a complete waste of time!

Can't believe how much the value of my trophy has dropped in a year looking at auto trader!

I was wondering if anyone had been through the process recently and has any recommendations.

Kind regards

Gregs
[/FONT]

Dodgy one
Try giving flux a call, They have alwasy been good on mods in the past with me

Think HIC are another one good on mods

HIC are owned by Flux, I did have an accident whilst with them (non fault) and they were actually pretty good. Much much better than Tesco who took just over a year to sort out a claim where someone went into the back of me on the motorway!

I am currently with Greenlight and they were by far the cheapest. They will also allow me to do any mods I want (as long as it doesn't increase power) and they will not put my premium up. :)

black ph2 172
churchill for me being the cheapest, i was with kwikfit, they where cheaper on my impreza £1300 and could you belive they wanted £2500 for my 172, churchill £400 but not very good with mods.

PH1 iceburg
greenlight saved me a fortune,most others where only 10 month policies but green lght managed to quote me cheaperfor a 12 month policy

Meg R26 No 756
try chris knott ins i had a renewel just last week of £1200 i phoned chris knott and got a quote of £630 full comp they were the best quote so far the number is
0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 (cheaper to use the last one if using a mobile)

Clio 172 Ph1
In same position greenlight have been the best for me so far

Ditto. Tesco wanted £1700, i'm 23, 1 years NCB (was named driver prev), WC1N (worst postcode category), 3 points, licence for 3 years.

Greenlight £797. Saved myself a grand, so i'm a happy chappy now.

Nice bunch of guys to deal with, mod friendly too. Am planning on getting my car re-map by a friend for very little, said it would affect the premium by £25/year - nice.

Ultra 197
Am with quinn direct atm they were the cheapest by miles for me! Although am not sure i would trust them if i had to claim lol.

Countryman JCW
Im with Direct Line atm with no mods and its the cheapest i found.... but im due a renewal in the new year and im going to go to churchill because they guaruntee to beat any renewal quote dont they?? Once ive got a quote from them il go back to Direct line and see what they have to say about it, you can barter with them, and they will try and get your business!!

not sure about mods tho?! worth a try surely?

PH1 172 Sport
Brentacre just beat Greenlights price for me. Unlimited modifications with engine limited to 200bhp with no admin charges for adding new ones to your policy. Insurance includes Euro cover, windscreen, legal, hire car etc. They can do breakdown cover for another £62 as well.

£749 for me 23yrs 3NCB + my GF 22Yrs with 2 crashes. Didn't think it was too bad. Greenlight wanted £849. The guys I spoke too knew what they were talking about offered me advice on mods etc. Very impressed with them. They went out of there way to beat Greenlights quote as well. Greenlight and HIC both tried to match the deal but couldn't.