ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance Renewal Dilemma

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Ok, got my renewal through for my 172 Cup, £460 for 12 month :approve:... not bad, but I could protect my 5 years no claims discount for only £560 for the year.... can't decide whether to skimp on my insurance and stick with unprotected for £460 and risk it or be on the safe side and fork out the extra £100.:S

What would you guys do?

VW Golf TDI
nooo trust me i insured my car 26th march didnt protect my 5 yrs ncb and smashed into a wall on the 28th march, so i was gutted put my insuracne up by 200 pound and i have 2 yrs ncb now, and i had to pay out 500 quid excess

Gutted

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
suppose like, better to be safe than sorry. Took wor lass off the policy just to be double safe for keeping my NCB!

I didn't pay the extra £100, and I've had two incidents where afterwards I wished I had. Just hope I can hold out until April. Next time I'll bite their hand off to get it.

Actually, can you get PNCB mid-way through the cover?

Plus, you have a cup and it's coming up to winter ;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Just interested, who are you insured with?

I've just f*cked Norwich Union off and moved to ADMIRAL.
Last year £420, this year £530 - and I've had no accidents! Looked around and all in all Admiral were cheapest.

Got my new cover, £375 per year inclusive of declared mods (filter, stainless exhaust)
I am 34, got 16 years no claims bonus, no accidents, fines etc.
Full comp and NCD is PROTECTED too.

Seems reasonable. They were also £60 cheaper on the missus's car, so I've gone for one of their MULTI-CAR Policies.

I insured both cars for £10 more than Norwich Union "quoted me tw4tty" for the 172 alone!

EDIT: Yes, go for the protected NCD!

Last edited:
  Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
My quote was through Direct line, my gf has a policy with them so i put that info in and I think they give some more discount. Their NCB declaration box thingy only goes to '5 years or more'.

I can't understand how renewal quotes can go up when you have no accidents etc ... thats the whole point of building up NCB!