ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance renewal - help please

Having a bit of a nightmare finding a low quote for my car insurance :(

I am 26 (nearly 27), 7 years no claims bonus, 2 non fault accidents (one for £2k and one for about £600 both of which were reclaimed from the third partys insurance company), no points on my licence.

The car is a 172 and I am planning on having fitted a maxogen, new exhaust system and a remap fitted when I get the new quote (about 10bhp?)

The best quote so far is £850 from HIC (sister company to Adrian Flux so they wont quote me). This is for £250 excess, £70 windscreen, fully comp with protected no claims. Can anyone recommend another friendly insurance company?

Just a heads up for everyone, when your insurance is due give Greenlight a call. They have just quoted me £422.70 including all modifications! That is half the price of ALL the other quotes I have had.

Went through everything with them and there are no strange restrictions and they have the same excess!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just a heads up for everyone, when your insurance is due give Greenlight a call. They have just quoted me £422.70 including all modifications! That is half the price of ALL the other quotes I have had.

Went through everything with them and there are no strange restrictions and they have the same excess!
Just be careful who the underwriter is, some of the companies have quite a bad rep.

Just be careful who the underwriter is, some of the companies have quite a bad rep.

This might sound like a stupid question but what sort of problems could that cause?

Diffculty with claims etc. Think Highway have gained a pretty poor rep.

It cannot be any worse than Tesco, they took 1 and a half years to sort out a claim where someone went into the back of me on the motorway. The third partys insurance company said it was their policy holders fault and had sent everything to Tesco. Tesco then messed around, kept on losing documents, not doing anything for the claim....

I will be glad to get rid of them, it also means I can finally put my maxogen etc on :) My old underwriter was Highway (before Tesco) and they were brilliant, I couldn't fault them. They sorted out another accident back in 2004 where someone went through a give-way section and wrote off my car. Took them 2 months to sort it all out and give me the payout :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Diffculty with claims etc. Think Highway have gained a pretty poor rep.

It cannot be any worse than Tesco, they took 1 and a half years to sort out a claim where someone went into the back of me on the motorway. The third partys insurance company said it was their policy holders fault and had sent everything to Tesco. Tesco then messed around, kept on losing documents, not doing anything for the claim....

I will be glad to get rid of them, it also means I can finally put my maxogen etc on :) My old underwriter was Highway (before Tesco) and they were brilliant, I couldn't fault them. They sorted out another accident back in 2004 where someone went through a give-way section and wrote off my car. Took them 2 months to sort it all out and give me the payout :)

That's why when I've had accidents that weren't my fault I don't bother using my insurance company and just do everything through the third party :) Plus means my insurer doesn't have to lift a finger or spend a thing which is good come renewals time.

I'd recommend privilege, dirt cheap for me and know people with pretty modded cars (turbo mx5) and they have been good for them.