ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance renewal

1.6 focus zetec....
Just had my insurance renewal come through and to say I'm not happy is an under statement... £2300 they want from me where has last year i paid £1100!!

Difference is this year is that i had a crash back in august (own fault) and now have 0 NCB... Surely this shouldn't double the premium??

Hyundai i40
1 yr no claims put ya insurance down by 20% or summit, plus you have had a claim there for ur ass rapped

but seriously, id shop around

ive just renewed my car insurance

some were offering £1300 standard
Elephant who i was with charged £700
adrian flux with mods - £450 bargin

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You even tried looking elsewear? Direc line where £500+ cheaper than anyone else for me, still are.

1.6 focus zetec....
Ive got a lot of modifications on my car and from previous experience most insurance companies aren't mod friendly.

I could save myself £323 by paying it all off instead of paying monthly installments and not have to pay 37% interest

Last edited:
  Hyundai i40
Ive got a lot of modifications on my car and from previous experience most insurance companies aren't mod friendly.

I could save myself £323 by paying it all off instead of paying monthly installments and not have to pay 37% interest

direct line wont quote u with mods till ur 25 even if the main drivers over 25

Clio 182
Loosing your NCD won't just see your policy go up by the 20% lost, they now see you as a higher risk & have quoted accordingly. I had a mate with protected NCD & after he made claim his renewal came in £500 dearer. When he questioned it they said you've still got 60% NCD but you are a higher risk & that's what pushed cost up. There is so many ways they can get one over on you, the only way forward my friend is to either pay up or shop around. Good luck