ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance rip-off

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
i have two 197,s both 2009 one red one blue both same spec and with similar millages, the red one i insure in my name with my wife as a named driver cost £599 the blue car is insured in my wifes name with me as a named driver £499, we are both the same age but 1 month, have full ncb and no points or accidents they are even parked in the garage next to each other and we both use either car.They are both insured with cis, have the same policy details with £100 only access, i have raised this with cis as my wifes is up for renewell in july and they replied women are safer drivers:banghead: anyone have any thoughts on this :)

GTD, Lupo
Thats a crazy price. More details needed really, whats your ages, area and have you had any convictions.

I just renewed our insurance and my wives is £190 for a Nissan Micra and mine was £220. We are both fully comp on each others and the excess is set to £250.

I went with Aviva in the end and normally spend half a day shopping around. Always call up on the phone then do it online and dont forget to use cash back websites, i got £80 back.

Clio 182
Thought Male and Female quotes were now very similar and gender shouldn't come into consideration.

bg 182 ff
the male and female situation hasnt cam in to play yet. at the moment it is still cheaper to insure a female than male. i work in insurance and you will be amazed how many people do a quote online and "ACCIDENTIALLY" put them selves down as female and they are a male!! haha. increases the insurance by £100 at least.

Octavia VRS LE
Ridiculous that they think females are safer, my sister has hit every car she's owned (around 5). She is a terrible driver but still pays a lot less insurance than me!!!! My other sister just passed her test and can insure a mini convertible for less than I can with 2 ncb and 3 years driving experience... Work that out lol

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Ridiculous that they think females are safer,

Statistically, females have less expensive accidents than males. It's a fact.

It's all down to the cost of the claim, woman could have 1000's more bumps, but they wont add up to the 100's of write off men produce.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ridiculous that they think females are safer, my sister has hit every car she's owned (around 5). She is a terrible driver but still pays a lot less insurance than me!!!! My other sister just passed her test and can insure a mini convertible for less than I can with 2 ncb and 3 years driving experience... Work that out lol

Exactly, women tend to just prang cars, men crash at 100mph into 20 other cars a house and cause similar damage to a javelin missile.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
we are both mid 40s with no accidents or convictions and we live in essex we contacted skyinsurance yesterday for a quote and it was dearer with a £250 access on the policy:nono:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Suck it up Ian... lets face it £600 quid is better than £6k :(