ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance, they're not all bad.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, my insurance renewal is due on the 28th Feb. I'm currently with AA insurance. They write to me with a surprisingly reasonable quotation, however I'm about to change cars.

I phone up this morning and give them the details of the new vehicle and ask if they can do anything. To their credit, they run through the quote, go off and talk to a manager and finally return within "if it keeps your business, we'll offer you the same quote as we currently do on the mini".

To my amazement, after running a few compare the s**t checks etc, this is considerably cheaper than others. So are we back in a situation with loyalty is once again being rewarded? Like the good old days?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I had a similar experience. I renewed my insurance in Janurary and I had the renewal come through and it was almost 1k. I rang them to cancel and they matched the cheaper quotes I had give or take a few pounds and it was almost halfed. Sadly due to my postcode, despite having 9 years NCB and driving a Honda Civic diesel it's still £600...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I had a similar experience. I renewed my insurance in Janurary and I had the renewal come through and it was almost 1k. I rang them to cancel and they matched the cheaper quotes I had give or take a few pounds and it was almost halfed. Sadly due to my postcode, despite having 9 years NCB and driving a Honda Civic diesel it's still £600...

Anyone Who just pays the renewal figure with out trying to get a cheaper quote must be a proper dummy!
I have never paid a renewal figure in my life! it's always easy to get it cheaper elsewhere or to stay there get them to reduce it.