320d M Sport
We seem to be getting a load of insurance related threads lately so I thought Id put this on to see if it helps anyone!
For a cheap quote.
1) Get lots of quotes - i mean like 20 or more, last year i got around 40!
2) Consider increasing excess to say, £500.
3) Be mature! Dont come over as a timewaster or the operator will blow u out, they cant be arsed quoting a good price if they think youre wasting their time.
4) Dont lie! Most clued up people can tell - some insurers even have lie detectors built into the phone lines (I kid u not).
5) Always do your ringing around about 9.30AM. Calling 10 minutes before the office shuts is never going to get u a good price - again, youll just get blown out, avoid Fridays as well!
6) Be realistic when they ask what youre best price is - take your best price so far and knock £40 off (most brokers add about £30 - £40 charge on which they can deduct).
7) Play the big companies off against each other - eg Adrian Flux vs Performance Direct, they know each others rates and will know if youre blagging them - refer to above as well.
8) Call specialist insurers.
9) Consider limited mileage - sometimes youll get a good discount.
10) ALWAYS get a reference and someones name.
11) When you do get your best price, call them back and say if they knock a bit more off youll take the policy there and then, it works 99% of the time, usually about £30-£40 will get deducted!
12) Never accept the renewal price! Call them up and quote number 11!