ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance with engine transplant??

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
After a bit of advice at the moment.
Ive got a 5 door mk1 1.4 clio which is a good little car but underpowered.
So I've decided i want a valver, or at least the power of.
Thing is, ive sourced everything i need to do a conversion cheap, and have a 3dr shell sitting around doing nothing, complete just engine doesnt run.
Only thing is, im gonna wait till insurance is up on my 1.4 before i put the valver or whatever on the road, as then i'll be 20 with 2 years ncb, hopefully.
So my questions...
I know a valver engine transplanted car will be higher insurance than a valver itself. But, will a 1.2 changed to a valver engine be higher than a 1.4 changed to a valver engine? If so i#ll just fix up the shell and sell it on to buy either a valver or 1.4 to convert.
I've got adrian flux phoning me tommorrow (apparantly) to try to get a quote on the 1.2 shell i have with a valver engine in and brake/suspension upgrades to suit.

In between cars....
Engine swap cars are always more pricey i think

They weight it by %bhp increase so going from 75bhp?? to 150 odds wont be cheap

Have you not looked at selling the 1.4 and buying a valver?

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Engine swap cars are always more pricey i think

They weight it by %bhp increase so going from 75bhp?? to 150 odds wont be cheap

Have you not looked at selling the 1.4 and buying a valver?

I was thinking that, but at the moment, cant afford the insurance difference and wanted to get the 1.2 fixed up so thought was a good idea...guess i'll just get ti through an MOT and sell it on, save the money and sell my 1.4 when insurance is nearly up and get a valver then ;)

ValverInBits
valvers are cheap. But F7P engines are really cheap.

ring and get a quote, Im sure it'lll be ok

In between cars....
Worth a look into, if you can do the work yourself and like you say you have ALL the bits you need it would be a good wee winter project :)