ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Thinking of lowering the car 40mm and getting some aftermarket 16" alloys
I'm 17 so does anyone know what sort of cost this will add to my insurance?
And if I decided to lower it further to 60mm would this make a difference from 40mm? :)

Thanks Tom.

You need to speak to your insurance company.

Some say it's just an admin fee, some want thousands, some refuse.

But you're young so it's going to cost you a lot if they do allow it. Think £500 more.

If you lower it 49mm you're in one bracket, if you lower it 51mm you're in another.

It's so they can charge the sump smashers even more.

RB 182
I'm with co-op and they dont acctually ask if you have made any mods to the car eg. alloys wheel, better handling on there website so to double check would i have to phone up the company and tell them?

I'm with co-op and they dont acctually ask if you have made any mods to the car eg. alloys wheel, better handling on there website so to double check would i have to phone up the company and tell them?

If you read your insurance documents it will say you must declare any modifications or your insurance is effectively null and void

RB 182
Even if im swapping from renault steelies to renault alloys? might be a stupid question but i just want to check sorry

Even if im swapping from renault steelies to renault alloys? might be a stupid question but i just want to check sorry

If the alloys were not on the car when it left the factory then it counts as a modification. Being the Authentique model then it came with steels from the factory iirc

RB 182
If the alloys were not on the car when it left the factory then it counts as a modification. Being the Authentique model then it came with steels from the factory iirc
you are correct sir, iand i think they look quite s**t which is why i didnt even want any fancy alloys just some basic renault ones i will give my insurance company a call and talk it over with them :) thanks a lot

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
People need to realise that it doesn't cost a fortune to insure their mods. £30 extra mine was for coilies.

When I had my 1.2 (I think I was 19 years old), the insurance as standard would have been £500.
Once I added the coilovers (>5cm), tints and exhaust system, it took the total to about £1050, so it can make a massive difference.

I ended up going with Admiral btw.