ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance ?

clio 172 phase 2
Any of you guys know any good tips
On how to get your insurance down?

Cheapest i got is

2,045 with nfu who i hve been with for 3 years since i started driving .

Im an additional driver on my mother policy

You need to get proper insurance then.

On your mothers policy when you're driving the car all the time is illegal.

Black Sheep
So why take a customers money as a named driver. Then proceed to not pay up in the result of the named driver claiming.

Why offer such a product?

MR2 Mk1.5
So why take a customers money as a named driver. Then proceed to not pay up in the result of the named driver claiming.

There are many genuine cases out there.

If we get someone who wants to insure their car this way, generally we say no you need to out it in your own name. Luckily we can work with claim free named driver experience and offer intro discounts based on this.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

You sound mad bro... :,,(

Do a search.

Named driver is someone that occasionally used the car. It's valid situation for many people, for example me and my wife.

Black Sheep
How do I sound mad? I don't really care anyway. I fronted for four years and saved a packet and bought my 172 with the money I saved. It's always my advice to the poor people paying £2500 ect, wouldn't be me that's for sure.

No Mods= No proof.

Play the game, cause they are playing you my friend!

Ok that does Sound a bit mad lol.

Dynamique S TCE
How do I sound mad? I don't really care anyway. I fronted for four years and saved a packet and bought my 172 with the money I saved. It's always my advice to the poor people paying £2500 ect, wouldn't be me that's for sure.

No Mods= No proof.

They can get proof if they really wanted, I'm sure I've read somewhere about PIs being used. Understandable with the amount of money involed. What would have happened if you had to claim and they knew you was the main user?

MR2 Mk1.5

No Mods= No proof.

It's all well and good until you have a fault claim. Probably not the best advice to offer anyone, to be perfectly honest with you.

No Mods= No proof.

You sound like an idiot. Maybe this thread isn't for you, giving such poor and illegal advice.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate

No Mods= No proof.

Admitted being fraudulent on a public forum -Check
Admitting driving around using a void insurance on a public forum - Check
Giving out atrocious advice to encourage someone to fraudulently obtain insurance- Check
This is one of the reasons why peoples insurance is so high. If you haven't got good advice then don't give advice.

The high cost of insurance is something we all have to put up with. If you don't like it and don't want to take out a valid policy, don't drive.

Last edited:
  Dynamique S TCE
Tbh I find it better just to pay the silly prices and drive sensibly. My first year driving, I had 1.0L polo6n2, cost me £1400 to buy, but £2350 to insure! Touch wood, come March I'll have 4years NCB and expecting my renewal(currently paying $1400) to be about £600. The sooner you take the plunge the sooner you will have decent insurance costs. Come renewal time I'll be able able to get an MPS/RS Megane insured for ~£1200. I feel that's more than fair at 21.

05 clio dynamique
You still pay over 2k and you think you saved a packet? I've been driving less than 2 years on a full license and my renewal in may was £695, on my own policy. If you can't afford it sell your 182 and get something you can afford to drive without breaking the law. I'm 19 too.

Black Sheep
Admitted being fraudulent on a public forum -Check
Admitting driving around using a void insurance on a public forum - Check
Giving out atrocious advice to encourage someone to fraudulently obtain insurance- Check
This is one of the reasons why peoples insurance is so high. If you haven't got good advice then don't give advice.

The high cost of insurance is something we all have to put up with. If you don't like it and don't want to take out a valid policy, don't drive.

I have 4years no claims on my own policy.

I couldn't give a toss about admitting driving around on a "void "policy 5 years ago you pansy.

Until someone tells me how the insurance wont pay up if a named driver makes a claim I will stand corrected. What proof do they have someone was driving all the time? or popping out to buy a pint of milk for their mum.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate

I couldn't give a toss about admitting driving around on a "void "policy 5 years ago you pansy.

Until someone tells me how the insurance wont pay up if a named driver makes a claim I will stand corrected. What proof do they have someone was driving all the time? or popping out to buy a buy a pint of milk for their mum.
Resulting to homophobic comments because you don't have an answer for committing insurance fraud. Boy you just get better and better.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Until someone tells me how the insurance wont pay up if a named driver makes a claim I will stand corrected. What proof do they have someone was driving all the time? or popping out to buy a pint of milk for their mum.

Are you still talking? :boring:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Not that i think its right or anything.

Genuine question, how would they know if someone had insured their car through a parent? If the car is standard etc.

Would be pretty obvious if it was modified.

And before anyone says anything, ive got my own policy in my own name!

Black Sheep

What proof do they have someone was driving all the time? or popping out to buy a pint of milk for their mum.

They'll speak to neighbours. Ask your boss what you drive to work in. Check on here as you've got club stickers on it.

But a 172 on coilovers, different alloys and a Nurburgring/car club sticker on isn't going to belong to your Mummy.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
They'll speak to neighbours. Ask your boss what you drive to work in. Check on here as you've got club stickers on it.

But a 172 on coilovers, different alloys and a Nurburgring/car club sticker on isn't going to belong to your Mummy.

Agreed.

Im an additional driver on my mother policy

Not seeing how having a project thread up on a car forum really helps with illegally 'fronting' an insurance policy.

Hi, this is my Mum's car. Honest.

#doublefacepalm

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
So if you want to do this then you need to pay the insurance, neignhbours AND your boss to keep quiet!

Better off doing it legally :p

MR2 Mk1.5
Its more a case of you proving you are not fronting the policy. Some people will get away with it, the people who don't however are the ones who will bitterly regret fraudulently insuring their car.
Someone else said it, if you cannot afford to be on the road legally, then dont bother.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lol at the epic fail idiot boasting about how tight he is!!

also try swapping the names around and putting yourself as the main driving.

Many insurance companies automatically hike the price when it looks like they may be fronting (ie new driver as named on a beaten up old car thats only just been bought).

and yes they do ask neighbours and such who drives the car most etc,

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not gonna lie, I fronted for first few years of my driving, but then didn't know it was wrong, and I had no issues when I had to claim.

Reckon I saved over £3k doing it.

Black Sheep
Not gonna lie, I fronted for first few years of my driving, but then didn't know it was wrong, and I had no issues when I had to claim.

Reckon I saved over £3k doing it.

I claimed also with no problems and it was my fault.

I would hardly say that saving thousands of pounds as being tight.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
No comment from the OP yet?

See his Mum's after a phase 1 gearstick for her car now.

:)