ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance..!?

1.2 Mk2 Ph2
(hope this is in the correct section)

I'm coming up to the end of my insurance for the year on my 1.2 with co-op, i just did a quick quote with them to see what it would roughly be to re insure with them and its saying 3,817 :S this year was only 1,650 so eff knows how they managed to get that price!!

I did a quick quote online with sky insurance and it came up as around 1,500 for the year with my dad as a named driver on my 1.2 and 3,825 for me to insure a 172! Id rather get rid and find me a nice 172 and pay that price than pay the same price on a 1.2 with co-op!

Is there any other places that anyone knows of that would be worth me giving a try on insuring a 172?

I'm 21, 1years no claims in November, held my license just under 2 years and will be having my dad as a named driver.. i know i aint going to find anywhere cheap but its worth a shot i guess :p

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Then go for the Sky insurance if it's only 1.5k. Defo wouldn't pay that much to insure a 172

Clio 1.2 16V
Lol, it cost me 1300 to insure my 1.2, 1 years NCB and 1 year having my driving licence at 19. Next year will be about 700 to insure my 1.2 and about 1400 for a R.S. I'm still keeping the 1.2. Really isn't worth that amount of money tbh.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I - personally - think that paying four grand to insure a car that's worth two grand is nuts. Absolutely mental.

MR2 Mk1.5
They're right mate, i got a quick quote and it came back £1,800 and when i rang, it was around £1,000 cheaper.

Give them a call mate.

It can work both ways, unfortunately in this case I can see the price going up, reason being that we will not entertain a policy held in the father's name unless the 21 year old insured his own car.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
It can work both ways, unfortunately in this case I can see the price going up, reason being that we will not entertain a policy held in the father's name unless the 21 year old insured his own car.

i think he means he had his own insurance but with his dad as a named driver...not the other way around?

H

HickiN

Try admiral... they are brilliant for me

£540.. 24 year... 197 Cup... 7 years driving.. 6 NCB...

I wouldnt expect your insurance to even be over 1k...

H

Listerine & Poledo
Pay £4k to insure £1k car, only to, almost inevitably, smash it up within 3 months?

Ah, the yoof of today

1.2 Mk2 Ph2
I - personally - think that paying four grand to insure a car that's worth two grand is nuts. Absolutely mental.

Cant really say that, i could go out and buy a car worth 200 pound and end up paying over a grand on insurance... Unfortunately, im young, live in a shitty area (if area really does make a difference with insurance) and have only been driving a year, no matter what car i get the insurance will be ridiculous but id rather be paying a few grand to insure a car i like than a few grand to insure a shed.