ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance?

mk 2 clio
so at the moment ive only got a 1.2 clio grande, but ive been looking at 172's and 182's. ive had mine a year and been looking at quotes for them.

cheapest quote ive had so far is just over £4000, which i wont pay. im 20 (with only 1 year NCB, only been driving a year) at the moment and live in south east london, are their any companies out their that do it cheaper than that in my area for my age.
or am i better to wait until im 21 in april and try then for insurance on one then,

any companies or ways to bring it down that any body know of, let us know, will appreciate it

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Im with elephant mate. Fully comp on a 172 Cup was 1070. My mate is the same for his 182. I've got it set up so that both parents are named drivers. Im 19 and have 1 year NCB.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Quick check for an EP3 - 20:£1300ish - 21:£700ish

So i'd wait till your 21, You can enjoy the 1.2 for a little longer, worth it in the end.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Definitely wait until youre 21, maybe wait until 22 and you have 2 years NCB? Depends how patient you are.

After all, the 172's aren't going to disappear within a year!

FF Clio 182
so at the moment ive only got a 1.2 clio grande, but ive been looking at 172's and 182's. ive had mine a year and been looking at quotes for them.

cheapest quote ive had so far is just over £4000, which i wont pay. im 20 (with only 1 year NCB, only been driving a year) at the moment and live in south east london, are their any companies out their that do it cheaper than that in my area for my age.
or am i better to wait until im 21 in april and try then for insurance on one then,

any companies or ways to bring it down that any body know of, let us know, will appreciate it

I would wait until your 21 as for some insurers that is there minimum age. Means they can offer lower prices because they ain't insuring 17 to 20 year olds. Speak to Neil from Greenlight her always in here. Heard he can give you a competitive price.

mk 2 clio
I guess so. I had too pay 3200 for my 1.2 for my first year. Was looking for weeks before I bought it. Then not long after I got emailed a quote about 600 less. Don't think my age and area are good for insurance to be honest

197 & Civic Type R
Sometimes your best speaking with peolpe on the phone rather than online quotes. The difficulty you face is allot of companies who offer discounts on insurance for performance cars usually look ar our previous car history. But worth a try none the less. I'm not sure what Keith Michaels criteria is but try Jez he has always been helpful.
I now know the Clio is allot cheaper to insure than my type r as im paying £950 for both cars so £650 on the civic oppossed to £300 on the clio :-0

mk 2 clio
Ill try at the girlfriends house as that's just outside of London too then. Should be moving out this year so will hopefully get a better post code for insurance. But I'll wait til I'm 21 too

I would wait until your 21 as for some insurers that is there minimum age. Means they can offer lower prices because they ain't insuring 17 to 20 year olds. Speak to Neil from Greenlight her always in here. Heard he can give you a competitive price.

This, I was with DirectLine and I couldn't actually switch car until I was 21!

Then I moved away from them after I got it as they wouldn't ensure me with mods!

Ford Mustang 5.0
Hi Mate

Id definately advise you wait until 21. The rates drop a fair amount when you turn 21 so its the ideal time to look to switch to the Clio Sport.

If you wanted me to run an indication quote for you on the Clio just drop me a a PM with your contact details and i'll come back to you personally. Also if you cover less than 7500 miles it would allow you a reduced mileage discount.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

mk 2 clio
insurance as a whole is pretty confusing, ill be able to afford to insure a 2.0 audi a3 fsi sport, but not a clio 1*2. strange i think

BG FF182
Is it just me or have insurance prices gone up?
I can't say I agree in my experiance! Have just renewed mine and its halfed since last year. I wouldn't think going from 10 to 11 years ncb would make that much difference!! Last time that happened I was about to turn 21 with 4 years ncb.

FF Clio 182
I can't say I agree in my experiance! Have just renewed mine and its halfed since last year. I wouldn't think going from 10 to 11 years ncb would make that much difference!! Last time that happened I was about to turn 21 with 4 years ncb.

Did a quote 2 weeks ago for £1100 did one yesterday exactly the same and it was £1200

FF Clio 182
Had an accident on my current policy, car was write off and it was deemed not my fault! my only concern is i am willing to except the fact my policy will rise slightly but where do i stand as far as my no claims are concerned, i only had 1 but i don't really want to lose it?