ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

308, Fusion

ive got insurance me as 2nd driver on a t reg 1.4 rt clio. im want some alloy wheels and im just cin if or how much ur insurance goes up by? the insurance now on a standard clio is 900, im now 19 and plannin 2 go on my own this year

308, Fusion

yeah i could do, but if i ring up enquiring, they will take that down, and say if i put some on but dont declare it, and my car gets stolen, with no wheels on it, then ykno they wont pay up

308, Fusion

if the policy holder rings up, and they quote a massive change, and i tell the insurance that i decided not to buy alloy wheels, but really i do and i dont declare it. then after a while the car gets stolen and is found without wheels, then the insurance will realise this and not pay up, because ive rang up earlier asking for a quote, if ya get me?

If you dont declare your mods, I have no sympathy for you if something does happen and your claim goes tits up.

In my view, dont bother modding it if you dont want an (possible?) increase in your premium, or mod it and declare the mods, simple.

In my case, I fitted lowering springs, cat back zorst and 17s and I didnt get charged any extra.

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 01 February 2005

dont declare and your a fool

get insured as second driver and you drive it more than them your a fool aswell
Aye, that too. Mate, were not trying to have a go, if something does happen ( I had 3 non fault bumps in a year ) last thing I want to hear anyway is how someones insurance company didnt pay up because mods werent declared.

308, Fusion

so yeah, il pay my insurance off with my meesly wage a week, im only an apprentice student, i dont own a 172

don't

who is the car insured with???

just ring up and say your thinking of going with them but want to know if they allow mods and ask for a rough estimate of increase on alloys

if they say no mods or its alot

pay it or simply dont get the alloys until u change company, helps to think of these things before taking the insurance out

308, Fusion

ney i havnt, who r the best insurance ppl for my age, ive been reading some other topics and ppl at 25 getting insured on V6 250bhp for 500/600 and for me, a 1.4 8 Valve around 80bhp is around 2000, its a joke, ive done over 10000 miles in a year.

oh ive been passed over a year and havnt done pass plus, can you still do it if u been passed so long?

Not a Clio

many many years ago when i was insured with tesco i fitted alloys and the only thing that changed was my excess. Ive never been that lucky since.

308, Fusion

the guy who does it round here, he charges 120, and takes us 2 blackpool and bolton town centre..

i drive my gf up 2 blackpool coz she lives ther half the week, and i do tht every 2 week, ive been 2 york, and the lakes, i see it pointless payin like

he should just give me the cert

308, Fusion

wat a joke this

fully comp

Budget/Provident £3196.99
Direct Choice/Highway £3745.28
Its4Me/Highway £3963.75
SWINTON/Highway £3963.75
Direct Choice/Broker £6265.91

CLIO

direct line charge over the odds mate...ive been with them for 6 years,this time round they wanted 1033 quid and im 28..so i gave them the birdie down the phone

It can depend on how BIG the wheels are...................when I had my 1.6 Sunny SR they said"as long as its up ONE size........then NO CHARGE".............that means 14" to 15" or 15" to 16"........................I actually went from 14" to 15" and then to 17"..........and still no charge ;)

So Id make the point youre going up ONE size eh and see what they say :cool:

Cya Stu

PS I was with Norwich Union!

308, Fusion

well i tried budget insurance 2day, they quoted 693 fully comp, n protected ncd, they said its norwich union 2. my m8 is insured on his new saxo vtr n he sed its got alloys on n they sed its no different, so im gonna give them a ring later on n say its got alloys on. the standard on the clio are 14 right? well should i say its got 15? or 16? i was going to get 17, but i want to lower so 16 i think is the way forward, right?

Mate just dont get a 1.4 and expect to be able to insure it FC!! I had an L reg fiesta as my first car 2/3 years ago, 1.1 engine, and insured it TPFT, because thats all I could afford!

Please, for your sake only mind, think about downgrading the car, and insuring it in your own name, even if only for a year. You will reap the rewards in years to come!

Quote: Originally posted by FN04 XZE on 02 February 2005

Mate just dont get a 1.4 and expect to be able to insure it FC!! I had an L reg fiesta as my first car 2/3 years ago, 1.1 engine, and insured it TPFT, because thats all I could afford!

Please, for your sake only mind, think about downgrading the car, and insuring it in your own name, even if only for a year. You will reap the rewards in years to come!

Well said that man................you know it makes sense eh :D

Cya Stu