ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insured on any car 3rd party

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I currently have this active on my insurance policy. I'm thinking of buying a another car to tart up and sell. Could i drive it on my current insurance?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah thats what i thought. I'll just register it in my mothers name.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh you can do this, although technically as soon as you get out of the car it's not insured e.g. at the petrol station etc

Iceberg 172 Cup
DUDE, your only covered if that car in question is insured Fully Comp by someone else... dunno how many people know this.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
DUDE, your only covered if that car in question is insured Fully Comp by someone else... dunno how many people know this.

Yup the car must already be fully road legal, ie, as above, having MOT, TAX and Existing Insurance Policy!

Be aware.

Also, registering the car in soemone elses name down not make them the legal owner of the car.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Correct.

It is to stop people buying a crappy car insuring it fully comp cheap, then jumping in their ferrari and driving it 3rd party. Rubbish EG but thats why the other car needs to be fully insured.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

I was with bell and rang them about this and they said it doesn't have to be insured by someone else. I was fully comp myself, and paid and extra 40 quid for the year to be able to drive another car 3rd party regardless of whether it was insured by someone else.

SQ5
I was with bell and rang them about this and they said it doesn't have to be insured by someone else. I was fully comp myself, and paid and extra 40 quid for the year to be able to drive another car 3rd party regardless of whether it was insured by someone else.

That is not true! The car needs to be insured by someone else LEGALLY but Bell's policy will let you drive a car if it isn't insured!

It makes no sense but this is exactly what I was told when they got confused when I rang up for temp insurance on a car that wasn't insured.

The police will prosecute if the car doesn't have insurance!