ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurence on a 172

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by jimmyriddle on 26 June 2005

im 23 iwith a clean licence and trying to get insurance on a 8 yr old 106gti and it costing me loads, im sick of these country boys with f**k all insurance costs preching on people who have to pay a fortune on insurance!

well then you cant afford the car can you!!!! Buy a 1.2 untill you can!!!

Fiesta ST

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 26 June 2005

how in the flying f**k are the insurance gunna prove that he is the main driver?? get a f**kin grip! i insure my car as the main driver and my girlfriend uses it every day to get to work!

They can prove it believe me, infact they dont have to prove it just void your insurance on the suspect of!!

People should get there own insurance for there own car! Like said before if you cant afford to insure it you cant afford it!! Im 23 and because ive always had my own policy i can insure a 172 and a FRS sensible price!! You gotta pay it some time! You cant live off your mummys all your lives!!!

can i ask where you live?? what a muppet! ill pay at least 2500 to insure a 172 at 23 with 3 no claims get your head out your arse! its the insurance company your paying! if you can find the lowest option take it! dotn be a gooding goody!!

[Edited by jimmyriddle on 26 June 2005 at 3:30am]

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

can i ask where you live?? Sheffield in a high risk area thankyou!

what a muppet! ill pay at least 2500 to insure a 172 at 23 with 3 no claims get your head out your arse! my head is where it should be thankyou on my shoulders, im not the one driving round with no insurance like some PIKEY!!

its the insurance company your paying! if you can find the lowest option take it! dotn be a gooding goody!! So why pay it at all, what your doing will void the insurance should you be in a large claim accident so why pay any why not just f**k it an have no tax an no insurance, save a few quid on MOT every year too!

Fiesta ST

end of the day dick head he insured!! hes got tax! he got MOT! lowest option the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you keep drivin your RS round them country roads!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

end of the day dick head he insured!! hes got tax! he got MOT! lowest option the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you keep drivin your RS round them country roads! I will thankyou, happy i the knowledge that should anything go wrong my policy is full and valid!

You really dont get it do ya! Hes not insured because if he were to have an accident that an assesor came out to an the car looked more like it was driven by a youngster than his say 40yr old dad the policy would be written off as void!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

you tell me how the f**k they would prove it? hes a NAMED DRIVER!! therfore hes insured! go to bed muppet
Hes a named driver not a main driver!! The named driver should not drive the vehicle insured more than the main driver, if they do the main driver is the driver using the car most, the insurance policy is then inaccurate and hence void!!

You can use as many swear words as you like you cant win because you are wrong!!

Fiesta ST

lol prove it?? you just dont grasp it dont ya??

f**kin hell mate apply for a job at a insuance company! you love them that much!

as long as your insured through whoever do it! cheapest the better! as long as your not gunna f**k anyone else over thats OK!!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

lol prove it?? you just dont grasp it dont ya??

f**kin hell mate apply for a job at a insuance company! you love them that much!

as long as your insured through whoever do it! cheapest the better! as long as your not gunna f**k anyone else over thats OK!!

Can you not read!!! They need to PROVE nothing!!! They can cancel your policy just because they want to, all they have to do is suspect!! Why would your dad have say a laguna an then a 106 GTi wi your bad boy speakers in!!???

Lionel Richie

My daddy has just bought a 360, im a named driver on it, i use it everyday to go shopping in

oh and im still breast feeding at 21

jimmyriddle - as above, they dont need to prove anything, but a 2nd policy is usually a very good clue as to who the main driver of the car really is, and lets face it, if youre on daddys insurance, its bound to be because he has years more experience, therefore likely to have a car and policy of his own

you really need to open your eyes and remove your head from your rectum and look at it from a mature sensible point of view

Fiesta ST

lol i am! ive got my own policy but i see why the lad wants to do it, i have so much trouble getting insurance that doesnt cost a fortune! and i see myself as a experienced driver, and my eyes are quite clearly open matey, if you wanna be a saint and pay top whack then you do so! more fool you.

what you drive and where you live? its simple the only people who have a problem with it are people who dont have high premiums.

I dont understand. I have just turned 20 and have been driving 2 and a half years, With a clean lience, I also have 2 years no claims and have always had my own insurance. I am Picking up my Clio 182 next month and my insurance quote with admiral is £1239 fully comp in my own name. Which i thought was a great price.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

lol i am! ive got my own policy but i see why the lad wants to do it, i have so much trouble getting insurance that doesnt cost a fortune! and i see myself as a experienced driver, and my eyes are quite clearly open matey, if you wanna be a saint and pay top whack then you do so! more fool you.

what you drive and where you live? its simple the only people who have a problem with it are people who dont have high premiums.

I think you seriously need to check ur attitude mate.

I am at University in Coventry and on the 2nd Highest risk area!! I had to change my insurance to up here instead of London as clearly im in coventry most of the time.

I own a 1.2, started of in a bloody 1.1 Micra Costing me £1700 insurance on my own name!!

Currently i pay what i consider to be a high premium considerign im 21 with 4yrs NCB now.

BUT i have gone thru the years paying some stupidly high prices just so that i am fully covered and legal!!!

And you say about the insurance "prooving" who drives the car most.... my mum recently had an accident in her car... was clearly other guys fault. But they still hassled my mum by going to her work places to check if she brign the same car to work.
They even compared previous years MOTs to the current millage to see if we had gone over our stated millage allowance (as its pretty low for my mum)

You say ur GF is on ur policy, i wonder if you have her declared as using the car everyday for going to work??? what if she had an accident, hmmmm they may possibly check at her workplace? either way, you need to check your attitude seriously.

If you had the chance, im sure u wudnt even pay for insurance? (purely cause u cant get away with it realisticly at the mo) you choose to have some cover!

Fiesta ST

whats wrong with my attitude?? im also in a high band area! my girlfriend is the second driver on my policy and does use the car everyday, if she had a smash the insurance would pay out, trust me, if your willing to bend over and get f**ked by the insurance company then thats your decission. Depends who you are really, like you say your mum had a crash and the insurance company did everything they could to f**k your mum over, that the way they are! so if you can bend the rules and not pay them as much i dont see the harm. i know where everyone is coming from but thats my view on it.

F.A.O. Rs steve........didnt mean to be so offensive mate

sorry guys, but i think if you had a crash and they void it cos they feel like it, if you got a brief involved, they would be in trouble

Just thought i would put my two pennies worth in.

at 18 i passed my test, had a 1.1 fiesta, but there was still no way that i could afford insurance under my name the quotes were ridiclous! so therefore i went under my dads name (awaits the grilling) but to be fair, its the only way i could get onto the ladder, i was aware of the issues! to be fair i cant remeber one person at my 6th form who wasnt under their parents name, except one! who was only paying a slight more then myself! through PASS PLUSS! i was paying £500 TPFT under my dads name, and this lad was paying £700-800 TPFT under norwhich union with PASS PLUS!

i got myself pass pluss, later than year, but my car got wrote off (not my fault, wasnt seen as my fualt in eyes of insurers either, as i was hit from behind!) i got myself a 1.4 RT finished the policy under my dads name, then went onto insure myself at quite a reaseonable quote, i think im now paying £500 TPFT, with pass pluss, 0NCB under ASDA.

Ok my point isnt that valid ut at the end of the day when my brother passes his test, i would advise him to get pass pluss and get a car with a very low IG. im 20, im gagging for more power, but you have to know you limits, yes we are getting ripped off by insurance companys, they make millions out of us each year (and please nobody turn around and tell me they make large loses, coz thats bollox! at the end of the year there outgoings are no where near as big as profits) but my point is get on the ladder which ever way you can, just dont be silly about it.

i see loads of lads my age driving about in 2L cars, thinking their the mutz nuts, what are they gonno do race me down the 30mph high street? and most of the time they dont even know how to drive their cars anyway. you want performance, we all do, but is your max jounry gonno be 100 miles round trip couple times a year and alot of town driving? or will you be driving up and down the country on A roads and Motorways?!

[Edited by kingJimBob on 26 June 2005 at 1:03pm]

RS4

fair play to you guys, you all are making a valid point. i know loads of guys that have had accidents and they are the named drivers of their cars, an they all go through accident managment companies and not one of them have had problems with insurance whether its their fault or the 3rd parties.

what do you say to this then? why have they had no problems?

Fiesta ST

i just suppose its what situation your in, if you get a £200 pound banger and the insurance is 800 quid or so your not gunna do it are ya, its impossible for people to cope when its like that.