ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Integra type R chasing at Cadwell

172 sport
Your car is quick for mods it's got. How do you mount the camera out of interest?

I just cable tie the bullet cam to the roll cage bar down the drivers side windscreen, so giving you more or less a drivers eye view of the track from the camera:approve:

Theres a big difference between new slicks,and old used slicks in terms of levels of grip,they are well passed there best once they have been through a few heat cycles,for example,last year at Cadwell on newish R888's I was lapping at 1m 46s,on used slicks on the front yesterday and A048's on the rear I was only doing around 1m 47/48's,nothing else on the car has changed so it can only be put down to less tyre grip,but I am going to use the slicks now whenever I can on the front,just for economic reasons,I have managed to buy 8 2nd hand slick tyres for £120,R888 are getting so expensive now.
Not that I am too bothered about the car,it cost me £1500 off ebay,18mths ago,its done a trackday a month since,if it breaks I will just buy another one:D

niceeeee:cool:

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
great vids!!! :D

The DC5's are expensive, but the DC2's arent and they are pretty much the same pace as the DC5 :)

JDM Dc2
finally someone on the forum who can drive, good job mate looks like you had fun :)

hell yeh he can drive but he aint the only one thats fo sho.

Ace vids Paul, look forward to the next trackday hope to see you at one soon again, when you next at oulton?...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice vids, remind me of why I need to do Cadwell, no other track in the country like it.

Looked like a fun tussle with the DC5, the extra power clearly showed. I had a few laps behind a DC2 at Rockingham two weeks ago, 1st one I've ever seen on track and I was a bit disappointed as I was pushing him along. Must have been 100% standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iOoHinq_kg

Clio 172 RS2
Great vid... gotta luv a Championship White DC5!

Like the blatting sound of the engine... -braaaap-

Where that grass polls on the track at one section?

172 sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
finally someone on the forum who can drive, good job mate looks like you had fun :)

hell yeh he can drive but he aint the only one
thats fo sho.

Ace vids Paul, look forward to the next trackday hope to see you at one soon again, when you next at oulton?...

Although I feel flattered by Mikeys comment, thanks Mikey,there's alot of good drivers on this forum,I know, Ive watched there video's,and chased alot of them round the track on the renaultsport days etc.
I am going to try to get to Oulton on Wednesday 28th of April with easytrack Jamie,so might see you there?

172 sport
Great vid... gotta luv a Championship White DC5!

Like the blatting sound of the engine... -braaaap-

Where that grass polls on the track at one section?

Yes someone had just spun out on the grass,leaving a load of dirt and grass on the track,making it even more interesting trying to dodge those aswell,it was the last 10 minutes of the day so they just left them there.

JDM Dc2
Although I feel flattered by Mikeys comment, thanks Mikey,there's alot of good drivers on this forum,I know, Ive watched there video's,and chased alot of them round the track on the renaultsport days etc.
I am going to try to get to Oulton on Wednesday 28th of April with easytrack Jamie,so might see you there?

yeh thats my next one :D

dc5
just signed up to say thanks for posting the vid of you chasing me in the integra its always good watching yourself from another car. I will post the vid of me chasing you when my mate edits it.

It was my first time at cadwell you were flying past me in the morning but started to get to grips with the track later on, you were definitely quicker than me through the bends, i was backing off a little round coppice, didn't have big enough balls to take it flat out:D maybe next time?

Just to clarify my car has had a few engine mods de cat, mani, induction +kpro and is running around 250bhp with uprated discs and pads, standard dampers though and full interior as its used on the road.

That r500 was so quick, and then you had the 2cv's what a mix of cars brilliant

172 sport
just signed up to say thanks for posting the vid of you chasing me in the integra its always good watching yourself from another car. I will post the vid of me chasing you when my mate edits it.

It was my first time at cadwell you were flying past me in the morning but started to get to grips with the track later on, you were definitely quicker than me through the bends, i was backing off a little round coppice, didn't have big enough balls to take it flat out:D maybe next time?

Just to clarify my car has had a few engine mods de cat, mani, induction +kpro and is running around 250bhp with uprated discs and pads, standard dampers though and full interior as its used on the road.

That r500 was so quick, and then you had the 2cv's what a mix of cars brilliant

Yes good to meet you Adam,what a great day, you was certainly getting faster and faster as the day went on,I was having to drive the knackers off the little Clio to keep with you on our last session,I was shattered at the end off the day,I did 170 miles that day,I am looking forward to getting back there on the 7th of July,details below if anyone is interested,cheers Paul.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/events/allevents.asp?type=ALL&page_id=0

love the video paul
that last session was fantastic :)

also well done adam you really were driving well in that session
im just pleased i was a passenger (in the clio) as i think i would have struggled to keep up
with you

:cool:

Clio
no honestly mate good vid... no hint of coasting, missing apex's, braking too early.... I like, keep up the skills and maybe look into getting some tuition/sponsorship and then you dont have to worry about smashing up a road car ;)