ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Integra Type R

i think i better go swap my car with my mates for a few days. hes got the old TYpe R n the new Type R........ see how it goes

Okay matt4478 youve got some valid points and I agree everyone has a different opinion on different cars.

My point really is that I have owned a Mk2 172 and a 106GTI at the same time and thus I feel that I have at least more experience than some on this site in like for like, not just beacuse on paper the 172 should be better. Until you properly own one you cannot judge a car, but have to go on what other people think, and as you said everyone has a different opinion.

Ive also owned a Teggy R, again unless youve driven one (properly) you cant really judge how it actually handles....Its an absolute dream, if only the insurance wasnt so stupidly high.

Maybe the cup was for me, stiffer and more grippy, maybe Ill have a drive in one and maybe the cup will change my opinion on the handling, but I still stand by my comments on the MK2 172 !!

CTR EK9 turbo

How can you guage how a car handles better? unless you do a head-to-head race and even then the drivers will be different! this argument is stupid. In most cases (races) the car with the most power wins. Who cares about track driving? I cant afford to take mine onto a track and destroy my tyres, brakes, and god knows what else like most people id have thought. Its not a race car. Im not sure what youre trying to prove telling people on here (a clio site) that your 106 (which im sure you own) has better handling than your 172 (which im doubting that you own anyway!) Ive driven every different make of peugeot including the 106 gti and yep it does handle well, but the amount of those things ive left standing ive run out of fingers to count on. Even with evidence from these magazine test which will never be, and there never could be (impossible), a direct comparison of two cars handling capabilities due to aforementioned factors.(if thats a word) the two cars -172 and ITR had similar lap times which means by no means(!) could a 172 be "p!$$3d-on" by an ITR.

Everyone on this site and every other car forum like this wants to have a car that is quick and fun to drive etc. There is bound to be competition between drivers of different cars saying this is 0.1 secs faster than that and I toasted this and that (im guilty of this). I cant understand why tho, and im trying to - at the end of the day ( i hate that expression), most people are happy with their cars, whether theyve bought a 172, gti, CTR, ITR, Pulsar for what ever reasons they bought them, money issues, insurance,reliability etc. and we all enjoy our cars but being males (as it only seems to be by the way!) we will always be contending with each other as he have done from stone age times probably comparing who had the best cave or biggest stick (still relevant today??!). So these discussions will exist forever in human existance, we cant stop that. What im trying to say is: there will always be competition amongst drivers, but what im trying to understand is why? why cant we accept that someone else has a faster car? probably because we want whats best for ourselves in everything and want to be the best, and in the eyes of nature the best mate. It all comes down to self satisfaction and survival of the fittest i guess. What do you feel like after youve toasted somebody? absolutely great! and i dont know about you but im usually laughing or in shock. And if somebody toasts you its the reverse. That is why this discussion is so sensitive, not just with 172 drivers, but with every car enthusiast like most of us i guess.

Well im not sure what makes sense in that load of typing, but try and get the gist of what im saying somewhere if you can!

All my own opinions of course and Im not saying anyone has to believe it if they dont want to.

I love hot hatches, they are stupidly quick shopping carts. My girlfriends valver will shortly be replaced with a brand spunker 172 cos its the best cart around, at an imported £12k, if we could get an ST170 for them pennies then we would, cos they the ultimate drivers tool this side of £15k, I say that having driven GTI 180 too.

I also have a new M3, that is the fastest car ever. And it handles. And i have a massive , massive penis, to match my massive grin every time i drive it. isnt that what its all about?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Magnet on 28 November 2002
Blimey!arrange the following to make a sentence:wormscanofopeneda

of worms can a opened ???

;)

Here is some more philosophy;

"Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win and never quit are idiots"

David Brent.

Pissed all over me mates ITR last night - has nothing on the CUP - in fact in my other 1600 16V Mk2 the wife raced it from the lights - result - neck and neck in first and second then he started to pull away slowly! Heavier car

Thinking of getting one of the new CTR striped out racers (Red and white with white alloys, race seats,cage etc) and all through UK Honda dealers!!!! Kinda like the CUP idea whenever it happens!

Luxuries are for pussies...............the only control over a car you need is 4 wheels, a steering wheel and some good brakes and driving skill ----yee haaaaaaa

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

me is a pussie, me likes my creature comforts.. still with a bit of va va voom... ooeer..

If I want a stipped down rally car I will go see colin mcrae for a loan.

oh my uncle got one of those new Bently Arnages Red i think

yo Technical man ahha i like ur sayin :D live by it huh

perhaps everyones got their own opinion ...... 172 are better at somethings than the Type Rs n the Type Rs are bettin at others relaly down to each of us.

Quote: Originally posted by technicalman on 28 November 2002

....if we could get an ST170 for them pennies then we would, cos they the ultimate drivers tool this side of £15k, I say that having driven GTI 180 too.
Ur sadly mistaken there mate - the Focus ST170 is absolute pants - Read the EVo road/track test - it cam last in every respect to the 172 CUP/ CTR/Seat Leon Cupra R, Mini Cooper S and a 50cc aprillia scooter......................surely u meant the Focus RS - wouldnt have one myself though as whats 0.4 sec quicker than the CUP for an extra £8000? HHHmmmmm

CTR EK9 turbo

No i toasted a pagani yesterday in my vts, he had me in first because of grip etc, but once i gained traction, it was bye bye v12.....

Hey guys,

Im from Australia, and over here the major car magazine called "Motor" has a "Performance Car of the Year" shootout, and it has cars in almost every price range.

The ITR came almost last. Serious. I think it came like 3rd last out of 22 cars or something... i really must find that article. The clio came 9th and the reviewers were astonished it didnt finish higher up the list. Almost every car review ive read here rates the clio higher than the type r......

But having said that, ive never driven a type R..... and it does look really really hot.... so yeah.....

To each their own

Thats strange JoZeff, as Evo did a similar thing a couple of years ago, and the ITR came second. But then driving conditions might be different over there. Is gravel a part of your road tests? In Sweden, all road tests include gravel driving, so the outcomes are somewhat different from over here in the UK, where the boys and girls have only heard of gravel in fairy tales...;)

I REALLY liked my ITR. I thought it was the best sorted drivers car along with the EVO 6, that I have ever owned. But then, I am occasionally wrong. Occasionally.

Pillesnoppen,

Hehehehehehe.... hey tell u what, for interests sake ill try and find those magazine articles and stick on a few quotes for u..... :)