ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior care

Clio Expression 1.4 16v
hi could anyone tell me what is the best to use for the interior dash,doorcards etc...they are all textured matt finish so im unsure what to use that would give it the best finish.
Appreciate any advice

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
For interior plastics I just use a generic cleaner. An APC to be precise. (all-purpose cleaner (Meguiars have their own APC))

Other than that, I don't do a lot. I, personally, hate shiny/glossy/tacky plastics in an interior, so, I clean the areas, and thats my lot. Sometimes use 303 Aerospace Protectant if I'm feeling flush; leaves a clean, non-sticky 'darkness' to it.

There are dedicated interior dressings, its just down to personal taste. Check here for more - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/cat_10.html

Static Low
I would get some G101 (Autosmart) to wipe down all the plastic. Removes, duest, dirt.. any kind of marks really. I find that the Autoglym rubber and vinyl care gives a nice finish on the plastic in my clio. once it dries in, it looks more matt than anything else, but very fresh.

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
^^forgot to mention AS G101.

TBH, I use that more than the Megs APC. Only trouble is, finding your local AS rep to buy some off!

Clio Expression 1.4 16v
For interior plastics I just use a generic cleaner. An APC to be precise. (all-purpose cleaner (Meguiars have their own APC))

Other than that, I don't do a lot. I, personally, hate shiny/glossy/tacky plastics in an interior, so, I clean the areas, and thats my lot.

Thanks for the advice everyone but tend to agree on the shiny/glossy plastic finish so i think ill get some Megs APC :D

What ever you do, do not use a product that "finishes" the shine. These will make things like gear sticks, pedals, wheels etc slippery and are dangerous.

Mk5 golf gti
g101 lol i wouldnt use that on my interior plastics
just use a microfibre clothes
i dont bother with any chemicals
microfibre ftw

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
^^forgot to mention AS G101.

TBH, I use that more than the Megs APC. Only trouble is, finding your local AS rep to buy some off!

Just ring Autosmart direct, they will give you the number of the rep for your area, and he'll knock on your door....