ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior conversion, please help.

i own a mk2 ph1 clio, and im sick of the interior it just looks grandadish, and i hate it,

ive been looking at the ph2's and just want to know can i convert it, change the whole lot, dash, steering wheel, door cards and seats,

or will it simply just not fit ?

any help asap would be great.

thanks

Black Gold Trophy
It can be done, but it's not exactly straight forward.
Have you considered selling up and buying a ph2?

It can be done, but it's not exactly straight forward.
Have you considered selling up and buying a ph2?

im not a big fan of the ph2's tbh :p if i can be done i will do it, what exactly isnt straight forward? im guessing the rewireing is gunna be a pain, but i just want to know if it will all fit without haveing to cut bit and stuff if that makes sense :S

E90 320d
Its very simple. Old dash and stuff out new dash in. The hardest part is the central locking, rear demister and hazard buttons.

Oh and alsmost forgot the stalks are a bit of a pain. But there is a full guide on what you need to wire up.

Also you need electric windows to be able to change the door cards

Its very simple. Old dash and stuff out new dash in. The hardest part is the central locking, rear demister and hazard buttons.

Oh and alsmost forgot the stalks are a bit of a pain. But there is a full guide on what you need to wire up.

Also you need electric windows to be able to change the door cards

oh cool, so last question, the dials are compleatly differnt tho :S will it still be ok or will that make it even more complicated?

Its quite hard to explain. You need to speak to someone who's done it.
Or as said there is a full guide with pictures made by a member on here. But you need to be a full member to view it.
But I'd imagine that'd answer a hell of a lot of your questions.

It can be done, but its quite a lot of work and effort is the short answer.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
I never swapped the dash over but I did the door cards, rear quarter cards, front seats & rear bench in my old Ph1 1.2 - all of my interior came from a Ph2 172.

I'm assuming you don't have airbags in the standard seat so you don't have to worry about that. Only problem I had was the electric windows - the looms are very different between the Ph1 and the Ph2 and AFAIK you can't chop them and make them work. I had to get some grab handles from a Ph1 172 and re-use my old switches.