ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior fan wont stop!

Titanium 182
Hi my girlfriends 54 reg 182 has developed a problem recently where the interior fan is just running constantly at full power!, as soon as you turn the ignition on it starts up!

Im going to pull the fuse out on it so it doesnt burn the fan out, and to stop it annoying her!

does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? a switch or controller has gone maybee?

everything else is working, such as the heaters, air con, and directional controls, but when you try to turn the lot off it will turn off but not the fan!

thanks Dean

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
Dean, My 172 has the same problem right now, I plan on taking the Head Unit apart, after buying a Hayes manual i noticed that the head unit was made up of resistors in order to slow down the fan on what track the current flows

the plan is to find out if the transistor on the track for the full power is shorted and replace that.

everything is working as you say, control what direction it comes out on, recycle air and all the air con head units lights an buttons work but its just never off, i haven't yet taken the fuse out however i might try that as i think its effecting the amount of petrol I'm using

Just encountered the same problem with my 52 plate 172.

When you press OFF the fan goes to full power. It is on all the time.

Will look for a Haynes manual and try and solve this myself, but if the guys who posted above or anyone else can provide the solution, that would be less painful.

I removed the cover beneath the fan and found one wire hanging free, but cannot see (using a mirror!) which point it connects back to. Reading the above that doesn't seem to be anything to do with it?

Thanks

Audi S3 Saloon
Change the rheostat, worked for me. It's only a case of clipping out the wire and removing 2 bolts...easy!

Clio RS
I have similar problem...

My interior fan wont stop at all!!!
Even if ignition is off...

It is always on and on the highest level... The climate switch with levels 0-4 does not work at all...

It is Clio II ph1... :)

Anybody knows what it could be the problem?

Worst thing is I was starting my long weekend and instead hitting the road I am dealing with this... :(

For starters I disconnected the battery but when I connect it again fan turns on without ignition...

Clio 182,5GT Turbo Raider
Sounds like the fan resistor pack located in the drivers side scuttle area, its easy to get to, take the connector off, turn on the ignition, fan should be off, link out the two end contacts with a piece of wire and the fan should cone on full blast!
I just changed mine last week, £103 from Renault.
2x 6mm head screws hold it in, the inboard one is a bit of a pain to put back in!