ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

interior lights

thinking about fitting a couple of neons in the footwell so they come on with interior light ,anybody know which wires to tap into to do this,help much appreciated???????:S

trying to get the neons to come on when you open doors.so i was just trying to find out if anybody knows which wires to tap into.

BMW M135i
You'd be able to take a feed of the existing interior light in the roof, not sure how much current it'd be able to take.
You could always use it to pull a relay in to turn the neons on and take a power feed from the battery or the fag lighter, only possible problem is that the light fades down so may cause problems with the relay although I'd have thought i'd just drop out once it falls below its holding voltage.

PrincessJlove7 said:
hey guys. can u get pink neons for my car???????????
I sold my last lot of them the other day. The pink ones are selling really fast this year

Kev_md, forgot to have a look at the wires I used, but there's only 3 wires to choose from. Will go out and have a look in a few mins

www.neoquip.com is probably the best place online to get them

Just had a look at the wires, if you wire the -ve wire to the white wire it'll work whenever you unlock the car, open the doors, etc.

Bye Bye 182....
PrincessJlove7 said:
oh is it? my bf said you can't get them. where can i get them from?????? :eek:

They sell them on ebay PrincessJlove7. Ive also seen a few car shops start selling them such as .... dare I say it? HALFORDS!!!:quiet:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Nightfire said:
www.neoquip.com is probably the best place online to get them

Just had a look at the wires, if you wire the -ve wire to the white wire it'll work whenever you unlock the car, open the doors, etc.

so just to confirm, -ve to the white wire, +ve to the red? would have thought negative would go to black (ground?)

If you wire to the black, then the lights will only come on when the interior light is on. Wire to the white and it'll come on if the door opens, car's unlocked/locked etc.

Should imagine so. If it's anythin like the mk2, then it'll only work once the ignition's on which can be a PITA if you have loads of lighting and at a car show - means you'll have to stay with the car all the time