ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Interior Lights

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Possibly a topic already on this but the search just isn't working whatsoever for me today so sorry if it has already been covered.

Anyway, the interior lights (the ones by the rear view mirror) in the car are really pathetic and I was wondering if it's possible to replace them and if so what bulb type they are. The amount of light they're giving off at the moment is ridiculous.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
i would like to know too. my old megane was like a light show compared to the candle power of my clio. I've heard you can replace the bulb with an led cluster, but i don't know where from.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Got the Haynes manual out. The lights are a 5v bayonet light and a 7v festoon light, no idea what to replace them with though or what would be decent.

Polo + Micra
the problem is that my interior lights are both 5w 501 wedge type lamps (2002 dynamique) so the haynes manual might be wrong

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Oops, meant 5w and 7w above. I'll go and check them first before doing anything anyway. Would a 10w bulb be a good compromise between light and heat or would the light it gives off not be too awesome?

Also, would that festoon lamp fit or would you need a smaller model? I'll go and measure tomorrow when I check it all if you don't know.

B-road bully
jus get a 10w bulb ther far brighter and suitalble for such a small car, instead of wasting money on that led malarky

Polo + Micra
jus get a 10w bulb ther far brighter and suitalble for such a small car, instead of wasting money on that led malarky

yeah but i'd rather a 1w led over a 10w tungsten filament lamp any day

due to heat and effiency ;)

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Had a look in the car today. Both were labelled w5w despite the manual and the haynes guide saying otherwise. No idea if they're the same bulb because the main left one was closed off but both were labelled w5w nevertheless.

Polo + Micra
yeah there the same as mine a 5w capless wedge lamp

so those LED ones i posted above will work and give a good light output