ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent Immob issue... Help please!

Clio 1.5 DCI
The following problem comes and goes but has recently got worse:

Sometimes when turning on ignition the immob light flashes and does not go out. Taking the key out and trying again SOMETIMES solves this but not always. Othertimes it will just keep flashing, and sometimes it will just stay on (solid no flashing). This can take upto 10-15 mins to finally go away........ but its totatly random i.e. sometimes i get in the car and it works first time!

I've recently replaced the battery in my key, but have not spare to check if the key is the problem...

So what is the likely cause of the issue, if its intermittent will the key cause this? or will it be somthing else?

Only other things is the decoder ring?? How much are these from renault and how hard are they to repalce?

Cheers,
Dan

When my car battery was starting to loose its power mine did this. Changed the car's battery and had no issues.

Clio 1.5 DCI
Battery is fine as it was tested only a few weeks ago at a garage.

Just changed the TDC, still same problem although its only happened once in the last few days...

What to change next?

Deja vu 182
Probably the key tbh , but check the relays behind the n/s headlight for corrosion on the terminals . I know on the 1.2 s it s the relay closest to the headlight that causes this problem sometimes :)

Clio 1.5 DCI
Ok nightmare...

New key, fine for a week not a single problem then today its given up... completly! Both keys same problem, although my older one tends to make the light flash more often than just go solid red. I've taken the dash apart and fiddled with the receive that fits around the ignition...

If i inplug the receiver when u turn the key the immob light falshes fast... plug it in and turn the key, goes solid red. Any clever people out there know what is causing this?

Deffo not the key! And replaced the relays by the headlight the other day.

Megane dci 130
Its quite a simple system really, if youve elimintated the key (which is the weakest componant) next would be decoder ring, I dont think there very much from renault and dont need coding.

What is happening to the light now? Flashing fast or solid?

Clio 1.5 DCI
With the new key it's solid..... old key some times flash some times solid. Remove decoder ring... flashes

However, fiddled with the decoder ring a tad (twisted it round the barrel) and its working....... ho hum! can only be the decoder ring i guess?!

Its quite a simple system really, if youve elimintated the key (which is the weakest componant) next would be decoder ring, I dont think there very much from renault and dont need coding.

What is happening to the light now? Flashing fast or solid?

So its just a straight replacement with the decoder ring? The new one wouldnt need coding to the current ecu?