ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent MacBook fault

Screen is going blank after 10 or so seconds. I can load OS up, but it goes blank after getting to the desktop. I can also see the screen after waking it up from having the lid closed.

I'm going to try a fresh install (can get all my data off it through the mac mini)

Any other ideas?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Can you still hear things going on? If it's the panel/backlight it'll be a cheaper fix than the GPU. Lol.

The screen works, just goes black after a while. I cant try a fresh OS install, as the mac won't output to my TV whilst trying to get disk utility up from the install disc to format the HDD.

Did some digging, and the GPU fault tends to be a MBP issue.
I've removed, cleaned and refitted the battery and for the time being it's fine. If it dies again, it'll have to go to a store and see what they think.
Might have to dig deep and buy a new one.

It's only 26months old too according to Coconut battery.

It's still doing it. Unless I get a (unlikely) free fix, I'm stuck using the mini on my tv, or my iPhone. Both are poor options really. A new MBP is probably a bit too expensive ATM too.

Disappointing really, I expected better life than just over 2 years.

Took it to Apple, they tried a new inverter thingy in the hinge, wasn't that. Needed a new LCD screen. So, they replaced my covers FOC and I sent it off to get a screen fitted by Sliced Apple IT services in Sheffield for £135, £65 cheaper than apple. All is well now :D