ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent misfiring

2002 1.2l Clio Sport
Hello,

I have a 2002 1.2l 16v Clio Sport, which a few months ago started misfiring when I tried to turn the engine on - the car would judder and it would rev then relax then rev then relax, then eventually would stall and I couldn't even turn the steering wheel. At the same time, the electric warning light was on. It would usually restart fine when I next tried it but recently this has all been happening more and more and the car has not been starting up fine until hours later. I took it to a garage who changed the coil, however this hasn't solved the problem!

Could anybody advise me as to what the problem could be or tell me any experience they've had with this?

Thanks!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi Beth, sorry to hear you're having problems.

We can't give you a definitive answer on this i'm afraid without seeing the vehicle but it sounds like either a crank sensor or H02 issue.

I'd recommend you take it somewhere other than the place it went to before for a proper diagnostic session.

Mick

2002 1.2l Clio Sport
Thank you very much Mick - I understand that you can't diagnose but I really appreciate the advice/guidance!

Beth