ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Intermittent starting problem 182

Black FF 182
I am experiencing some intermittent starting problems with my 182. It seems to crank over but not fire and I’ve noticed it’s more likely to start from cold then it will when it’s warm. When I’m idling the engine management light flashes but stops once I start driving. I have had my local garage and the RAC run some diagnostic checks but neither of them have picked up any logged faults. The Renault garage in Swindon has quoted me £96 for a diagnostic check but I’m not prepared to pay that type of money for them to tell me they can’t find any faults. Is there a chance that Renault may pick up fault which were not picked up by my local garage or RAC? I’m a little lost as to where the problem might be but I suspect a problem with the ignition or fuel system. I’ll check the coil pack, leads, plugs and injectors over the weekend but if anyone has experienced similar problems I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Could be a few things . I had an intermittent problem a while a go . I took off the tdc sensor , cleaned it and it's been fine ever since ( touch wood ) It seems to be quite a common problem , and If i remember correctly it doesn't show any codes . Have a search for tdc sensor on here and see what you find .

dan's cast offs.
If eml has been on then there will be a code stored.

Not starting when hot can be crank sensor.

Black FF 182
The TDC sensor has already been replaced last year and when the car didn't start the TDC sensor was the first thing I checked, Took it out and gave it a clean. When the TDC sensor was changed I didn't change the wiring loom though.