ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

intermittent warning lights

corsa D / 172 clio
hi :D

every now and again my warning lights come up on the dash of my 2004 182.

its the esp,abs and service lights.

its been doing it for a few months now and there doesn't seem to be any pattern or

circumstances to indicate when they might light up its just happens whenever!!:(

the only thing that gives it away is that the brakes become really good before the lights

come on if that makes any sense?

don't get me wrong the brakes work fine its just that they really stop well just before the

lights come up.

if i flick the ignition on and off the lights go out and might not come on again for a

couple of days or even a week!:S

i have replaced all the discs and pads,checked all the abs rings (cleaned them with a

toothbrush and brake cleaner) but still the lights come up:mad: bloody lights are driving me

mad!!!!

someone i know with a 182 had the same problem and fixed his by replacing the brake

light switch on the pedal i can do this easy enough but it doesn't explain why the brakes

get better before the lights flash up.

any help would be much appreciated

Clio 1.2 16v
With anything like this i would start by just going around the engine bay and battery cleaning all earths of rust and dirt and then coating them in vaseline (petroleum jelly) as it sounds like a bad earth issues to me and also just check all fuses and relays are working as a matter of course......

corsa D / 172 clio
thanks mate i will check that lot out!

ive got a new brake light switch today so i will fit that tommorow aswell so hopefully it will sort it out.