ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet Powerline (over 240v mains)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
currently to obtain internet access in my garage i use a TP-link powerline setup, its only the 200mbps version but it works very well.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/?categoryid=206

but it only gives me access for one computer, so i was looking for possibly wi-fi or somethign else.

i see tp-link do wifi versions but they all seem to be N type and my laptop is just G

anyone got any suggestions?

one computer is a laptop with wifi the other is a desktop without wifi, but i need both connected at once in my garage.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Do routers work with powerline?

Yeah of course they do. Just buy a cheap Ethernet wireless router and plug it into the poweline.

N routers are backwards compatible so just get the cheapest one.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yeah of course they do. Just buy a cheap Ethernet wireless router and plug it into the poweline.

N routers are backwards compatible so just get the cheapest one.

It seemed too simple a solution that it threw me. Reminded me that I need to do this in my lounge so I can wire everything up.