ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connected to the Internet but it keeps timing out

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Updated iTunes yesterday, all fine. Then today my CPU was being dominated by photostream.exe (or something similar) and I couldn't access the Internet, despite being connected. Solved the CPU issue with a simple google search. But I still can't get onto the Internet, although I am connected! It is as if the connection is timing out.

Done IP resets and checked the IP addresses etc with the help of Google. And also done a netsh winsock reset etc and nothing.

This has happened before with the CPU/iPhoto and no internet and I can't remember how I fixed it!
The only thing I can't do is reset the router as it is in my land lords house and they are away until the weekend (I live I the converted garage in the garden but use their Internet). I use a wired connection as the wifi won't reach to my place, so can't check if it works on my phone

I also want to try a format hard drive and restore but I don't have a Windows 7 disc as I bought it already installed and I can't get online to download a copy! Is there a way around this?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Ok now iTunes is causing my CPU to go mental so what I apparently "fixed" isn't working.
But I can't help but wonder if updating iTunes, it causing my CPU to go mental and not being able to get onto the Internet are all linked. I am more annoyed about the lack of Internet

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not got something else you could plug the Ethernet cable into? I'd well turn that wired connection into a wifi one!

No chance of remotely rebooting the router? Guessing you don't know the admin password?

That's my ideas run out.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If the routers not particularly new then you should be able to reset it using your computer. A lot of them have generic passwords for admin logins.

Saying that, as you're on a wired connection it may allow you to do it anyway.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Laptop is dead and I don't have a charger for it. Did go for a wonder in the garden and connected my phone to the wifi and it was either reallllly slow or it has got the same problem.

I can't log into the router, I can force reset the password as the "admin" "changeme" password doesn't work but I need the routers serial number, so I can't do that!! It is a new-ish router. But I can see all the IPs on the network and they are all different.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Computer - yes, server all times. It needed to be restarted to make some of the IP changes and resets. I also did a basic restore to last week when everything was fine.

Router - no, I can't get into the main house! I am hoping it will either sort itself out over night or with a router restart.

But my iTunes is all gone wrong, I think it could be part of the problem. A few searches have found that there is a clash with the sync and APSDaemon and that, but those fixes haven't work, or I haven't got the right one yet

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Ok...so.....I had tried a few system restored, uninstall iTunes and that but nothing. Managed to get the router reset and it is all fine!
I am not sure what the problem was, but I ma thinking that unpdating iTunes had caused a clash with the network settings and maybe something i had done plus a router reset solved the problem. Also when iTunes is open the CPU idles at a good level and not at 100%

I have also goa a copy of the router admin password so I can remotley reset it int he future!!