ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet/wireless times

AK

M240i
Is there a program you can download that limits the time the computer is connected to the internet?

Basically my little sister is always on her computer, so my mum is looking for a way to limit the time her computer can connect to the internet i.e. between say 5pm and 10pm etc?

Hopefully some sort of software that can be installed onto her computer and then password protected so only us with the password can change the times etc?

AK

M240i
Problem is there's 3 computers connected to the router, can you limit the time on just one?

Would have a look on mine but I'm not at home atm, I'm not sure about that to be honest. I would have thought you'd be able to set up an access-mask type thing for just the one but again I ain't too sure bud sorry :(

AK

M240i
:( cheers anyway mate :D. . . Hopefully someone else will come along with an answer. . .
Mothers considering canceling the next because of the amount of time she spends on it LOL it's "unhealthy" apparently . . . :rasp:

Don't blame her really, my dad used to be the same. Now he's just put a plug timer on the router so it doesn't use power during the night when nobody's on it which is fair enough I suppose!

AK

M240i
That's not a bad idea LOL. Might have to resort to that if no-one has any better ideas :rasp:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Is there a program you can download that limits the time the computer is connected to the internet?

Basically my little sister is always on her computer, so my mum is looking for a way to limit the time her computer can connect to the internet i.e. between say 5pm and 10pm etc?

Hopefully some sort of software that can be installed onto her computer and then password protected so only us with the password can change the times etc?

Create a batch file to disable the network card and just use windows scheduler to run it.. and another one to re-activate the card.

Unless she is smart she wont figure out how to fix it and it will only take 2 minutes to implement.

AK

M240i
Create a batch file to disable the network card and just use windows scheduler to run it.. and another one to re-activate the card.

Unless she is smart she wont figure out how to fix it and it will only take 2 minutes to implement.

I'm not that good on computers, i know a wee bit LOL not about batch files etc tho . . .

Fancy talking me through it :rasp:? Or would it take to long to tell me where to click etc :eek:

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
My bthomehub allows you to limit particular devices internet connections at certain times etc.