ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Internet with no landline?

Z4
Yes I'm being tight, but there must be a way? I have zero interest in having a home phone, but need the tinterwebz.

ideas?

330i. E30 Touring.
Super phone contract and tether might be possible, but will cost you more than £15 line rental and will be nowhere near as good.

I recently had this whilst waiting for my new router for the phone line in my flat.

Tethering with my mobile phone used a pile of data and would have been expensive had I wanted more.
Three dongle was good, but for the amount of data I used which is very much normal IMO, I would pay more than with the Sky broadband I currently have.

Sky have a deal at the minute, no monthly fee at all except the line rental which for me is £15.40 a month.
Worked out cheaper than the tethering or dongle options could and is unlimited data rather than a limited package.
I haven't bothered with the phone part at all.

I found Virgin wasn't available in my area (having seen some of the local women, I'm not surprised) ;)

Shame as I have a good mobile package and could have got internet very cheap too!

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
I've got BT Infinity, highly recommend it. You have to have a phone line, but doesn't mean you have to plug a phone into it! If Infinity is not in your area then you're stuck with ADSL.

If you're not in a cable area, you don't have much other choice. Tethering, whilst it may work, will likely not be very reliable (in my experience anyway), depends what you want to use it for.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Virgin is probably the only one worth trying to get without line rental.

I'm with Plusnet. Costs me £20 a month for phone and unlimited broadband including line rental. So try and get one with a tiny cost and work in the line rental.

I don't plug a home phone in unless i'm phoning an 0800/free number like Plusnet ironically.

SQ5
You could try satellite broadband, but the cost then warrants having a phone line anyway, and it's a bit flaky as ping time is horrendous. But you get 20/10 speeds.