ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Involved in hit and run incident.

I was involved in an accident yesterday afternoon and unfortunately the other driver decided to f**k off leaving me very shaken as anyone would be. i believe the car to be a honda accord which smashed into the side of my car and must have been travelling at 50-60mph. Told the police who basically couldn't care less and of course I didn't get the vehicles number plate.

Anyway my car has seen better days. Im thinking about financing the repairs myself and waiting for a quote.

Im gonna need the following items.

Drivers side door including window and door card etc
Electric mirror
front wing (maybe)
rear panel bump strip
172 turini

Tbh im properly gutted and just feel sick to my stomach. The other driver just f**king off like that without a second thought not knowing if I was injured or not (which thankfully im not) And on top of that the police showing no interest.
I'll post some pics up shortly.

If anyone can help out with the parts id be grateful.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you asked local businesses/home owners to see if they Have CCTV?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Sorry to hear that mate.

I have a drivers side mirror and the rear bump strip if needs be. They're both in capsicum.

I do also have a door card, but it's a cup/trophy one. Fire me across a PM if you're interested pal.

Unlucky mate.

Get some pictures up. But there's no way they were doing 50-60MPH. Your car would be a distant memory if that was the case.

accident.gif

accident2.gif

accident3.gif

accident1.gif

Have you asked local businesses/home owners to see if they Have CCTV?

Submitted a request form to tfl as they are in charge of the cameras on that section of road.
Also the van in front who stopped to see if i was ok is part of a surveillance and was running cctv at the time. waiting to hear if it shows anything.

Ouch! That rear arch will be expensive to sort. f**king arseholes.

I'd get rid mate. Either break it for parts if you have the time/space or just list it on eBay like that. Then move on.

Punto/Clio GTT
looks like it needs a new rear quarter too? looks all bent in behind that strip unless youre filling it?

wouldnt be suprised if the catch has all been pulled forward aswell as the doors still locked on it.

how the f**k did you manage to do that anyway? was you parked and they hit you from like behind at a slight angle?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Jesus, that's taken quite a whack. Glad you're ok mate.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I have a drivers side mirror and the rear bump strip if needs be. They're both in capsicum.

I do also have a door card, but it's a cup/trophy one. Fire me across a PM if you're interested pal.

Hey Luke cheers mate I appreciate that. tbh I think im gonna be lucky finding RB bits. I'll pm you regarding mirror and bump strip.

Unlucky mate.

Get some pictures up. But there's no way they were doing 50-60MPH. Your car would be a distant memory if that was the case.

I no what your saying but he was speeding for sure but then again it all happened so quick.

looks like it needs a new rear quarter too? looks all bent in behind that strip unless youre filling it?

wouldnt be suprised if the catch has all been pulled forward aswell as the doors still locked on it.

how the f**k did you manage to do that anyway? was you parked and they hit you from like behind at a slight angle?

Coming down a slip road onto a rounderbout, I was in the inside lane and started to pull out glanced behind and at the same time this car was there and the impact was instant. He appeared out of the blue (i dont want to be labbled careless because im not) and it was too late, i dont think i even had crossed the line to change into the right hand lane. Saw his break lights flash and assumed he would be pulling up and he didnt.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
ouch! that looks nasty! that's a serious impact :( looks like its not going to be a cheap one :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Gutted to see this!! Some people really are ar5eholes - pm Nick172cup however, he is currently breaking an arctic 182 so has all the bits you need to repair, bar the turinis. Tell him i sent you :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Mate, write it off I think. I've been in the situation where I've taken a fair old whack and got it repaired because I loved the car... but I lost so much money on it and it just never drove the same tbh.

I know it's gutting but if you break or eBay it then buy something else you'll look back knowing you did the right thing.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear right now!

Mate, write it off I think. I've been in the situation where I've taken a fair old whack and got it repaired because I loved the car... but I lost so much money on it and it just never drove the same tbh.

I know it's gutting but if you break or eBay it then buy something else you'll look back knowing you did the right thing.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear right now!

Yea that does make sense to me, can't see it going for much though is the only thing.

Clio 172 Cup
From your description of the accident, I'm guessing he was uninsured or disqualified because I'd have been claiming against you if I were him otherwise. I have to echo others above and say that parting it out and moving on is the way forward. It will be a money pit and it will never be quite the car you remember, that's taken a really nasty whack.

Best of luck..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm no bodywork pro, but this would be my course of action if I were to try and repair myself:

Source a door/mirror/side strip from an RB, ask Cliospares on here, or just search HARD for one being broke and you will find one eventually.

For now, run a random door off of a non sport you can get for pennies.

Find a turini on here, shouldn't be too hard with a bit of effort.

Get a body shop quote for quarter repair/bumper blow in.

When you've found the right door, I'd have that quarter knocked out (it hasn't smashed it hard by the look of it (but this would need to be confirmed)) and have it lightly filled/painted and the door etc fitted/blown in.

Or, go through the insurance, but from experience, by the time you've paid the excess AND taken the year on year hit on your insurance premiums, it may be worth dropping a bit of cash doing it yourself (if the quarter is deemed repairable by a bodyshop).

I'm no bodywork pro, but this would be my course of action if I were to try and repair myself:

Source a door/mirror/side strip from an RB, ask Cliospares on here, or just search HARD for one being broke and you will find one eventually.

For now, run a random door off of a non sport you can get for pennies.

Find a turini on here, shouldn't be too hard with a bit of effort.

Get a body shop quote for quarter repair/bumper blow in.

When you've found the right door, I'd have that quarter knocked out (it hasn't smashed it hard by the look of it (but this would need to be confirmed)) and have it lightly filled/painted and the door etc fitted/blown in.

Or, go through the insurance, but from experience, by the time you've paid the excess AND taken the year on year hit on your insurance premiums, it may be worth dropping a bit of cash doing it yourself (if the quarter is deemed repairable by a bodyshop).

I'm glad someone is thinking the same as me.
It does seem structurley sound and just body damage.
I can find cliospares in the traders section though..

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
If the insurance writes it off you could probably buy it back depending what category it is and repair it but you would have to get it checked at VOSA for vehicle identity. I did it with a Fiat I had before the Clio. It cost me more than the car was worth in the end.

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
I feel your pain!

My old Fiat Coupe was written off whilst parked in a Tesco car park whilst I was shopping!

Not a nice thing to find when I returned to my car..